Chapter Six|| Fights

{Auroras POV}

I walked down the hall to Jackson's office. My hair was soaked and I had on some shorts and tank top. I felt so clean and fresh and that was something I haven't felt in awhile.

I came to the last door and knocked softly.

"Come in." His raspy voice called out and I opened it walking in. He looked so... important as he sat behind his mahogany desk. Which, technically he was.

"Hey." I said and couldn't help but notice how his eyes raked over my body. "Hey." Jackson replied clearing his throat and looking back down at his papers.

"Uh... I was wondering if you could take me to the training field?" I asked and he looked up with a hesitant look.

"Are you sure? Do you want to rest first and-" I held my hand up stopping him.

"I've sat in that dingy cell for weeks doing nothing. My wolf wants to be let out and I need to work in some good exercise... plus I need to get out of my head for a few." I added rubbing my arms. It was chilly in here.

"Fine, but if you feel off at any moment you come to me alright?" I nodded and he stacked his papers and sat them aside standing and walked to me.

"Lets go."

****

His pack was beautiful that's for sure. The walk to the field wasn't long but the scenery was amazing. I smiled think back to my mom when we would go on walks and she was always find the most beautiful flowers. Once again it felt like I went into a trance.

I glanced at the small daisies as we walked down the familiar path we have taken before. "Look, mom!" I gushed running to the flowers. Her soft chuckle floated through the air like a melody.

"You know, daisies are said to be good luck." She said and I scrunched my nose up. "Where did you hear that?" I asked giggling.

"I read it somewhere once. Though, the main symbol daisies represent are loyal love, innocence, and purity." She leaned down plucking one and tucked it behind my ear and into my hair.

"Now look at that. Two of earths most beautiful things bundled together." She winked causing my grin to widen.

"Come now, we have to get home to fix daddy supper." She said placing her hand on the back of my shoulders. I sighed—my shoulders drooping—and looked up to my mother.

"Why is daddy always mad?" I asked and she sighed.

"Daddy is not about to be the beta anymore. He is just upset." She replied as we started walking down the path.

"Well why not?" I asked.

"You know why... the alpha's son is going to take over and he will choose his own beta just like his father did." She said with a small smile.

I looked up as we passed a sign and looked away sadly.

'Now entering the Malevolent pack.' It read and I closed my eyes sending a quick prayer to the moon Goddess. Please protect us from the horrors of our own pack.

I was brought from my thoughts as hands sat on my shoulder. "I've been calling your name for a minute or so now. Everything okay? You keep zoning out... are you sure you don't want any rest?" Jackson asked.

"Im fine." I said pushing his arms off my shoulders and looked around.

"Im ready to spar." I told him and he sighed and motioned for one of the girls to come over.

"That's a bit sexist." I told him causing him to chuckle. "Im sure you could handle yourself with a man perfectly fine, but I have yet to see how you fight. And until I do you will fight with her." He replied and I rolled my eyes walking up to her.

"This is Mary." Jackson said and I nodded at her and she did the same.

"Mary this is Aurora. She's new here, but don't hold back." He said with a small grin and the girl smirked getting into a fighting stance.

"Copy that." She said and I squinted my eyes at her. I just met her and I already don't like her.

"Whenever you're ready." Jackson said and by now a small crowed had gathered.

I watched her movements closely. Every time she lunged I stepped aside easily missing her. She has the same technique and the same movements. She'll lunge a couple times, try to strike me, and then go in for a kick. I smirked at the last time she went for a kick and caught it taking it with force and throwing her backwards spinning and she hit the ground with a thud.

She growled quickly standing up and came swinging once more. I caught her arm again and this time pulled it past me sending an elbow straight to her nose hear a satisfying crack and gasp were heard.

"What the hell." She said as blood dripped from her nose. "You were holding your punches. Im not a fragile cracker." I said to her and she growled and I saw her eyes flash her wolfs color and I stared her down amused. Looks like I pushed some buttons.

She charged at me and once again I maneuvered to where she missed and I turned quickly catching her off guard and kicked her legs out from under her placing my arm at her throat pinning her to the ground.

"I give." She said and I smirked standing and looked to Jackson. "Get me someone who isn't a pup." I said and the girl growled in response.

He thought about it before motioning a guy forward. "Are you sure, sir?" He asked.

"Don't hold back." Jackson said and he walked over. "Ever got beat by a girl?" I asked as we circled one another and he chuckled. "I've never got beat." He replied.

"Impressive... sorry to break your streak." I said and he shook his head winking. "Never." In a swift moment he lunged for me and I was too slow to move and he tackled me to the ground but quickly recovering I rolled out of it and stood before he could delivering a kick to his side causing him to fly across the ground.

"The weakest bone in the body would be your spine— or your nose—but if you hit it the wrong way..." I started and my knee dug forward hard onto his back causing him to hiss in pain, "It can really hurt." I said gritting my teeth together.

He knocked me off him and delivered a punch to my gut. I was used to it. He stood shocked as I didn't even flinch. "I've been electrocuted and practically dipped in wolfsbane. Your punches? Are nothing." I replied grinning.

"Well Aurora, I can kick it up a notch." His voice was deeper and I spaced out for a moment. It sounded just like him...

"You need to learn pain. I can manage that. So Aurora, lets kick it up some shall we?" My father asked and tears dripped down my cheeks as I sat duct tapped to the chair.

He help up the blowtorch and smirked with a devilish glint in his eyes. I wanted to scream but my mouth was covered so no sound would escape. He brought the blowtorch by my foot and I started shaking my head trying to move away.

I wanted to scream for him to stop, but I couldn't.

"NO!" I screamed holding my head dropping to my knees and everyone looked at me shocked by my outburst. Quickly looking around my eyes met Jackson's and in seconds he was in front of me holding the sides of my face.

"Aurora, what's wrong?" He asked and I looked down. Keep it together. Goddess I'm losing it.

"Nothing." I mumbled and stood to my feet, "Again." I replied shaking the feeling off.

Im totally fine.

___________________________________________________________________

vote 

comment

share

chapter 7 and up is on Radish for early access