Wattpad Original
There are 9 more free parts

🖤Ch.5 :Date Night

EBONY

"Honey, are you sure going on a date tonight is a good idea ? " Sanaa asked her daughter as she watched her get ready.

After her little encounter with Chresanto, which went very well since she got a date out of it, Ebony couldn't help but tell everything to her sisters and cousin. She didn't know why, but she was just so excited about it and couldn't wait to spend some time with Chresanto.

Once they were done at the mall, they went back to her mother's house and of course they had to tell her what was going on. That's how close all the women of this family were; they always knew something about somebody's business.

Now, they were all currently at Eb's apartment, helping her to get herself together. Paris insisted on doing her hair, while Lyona absolutely wanted to do her makeup. Deka helped to pick the outfit. Sanaa was the emotional and mental support; she was making sure that her daughter was truthfully ready to already mess with a new man.

"Yes, mama," Ebony simply answered as she started getting annoyed.

"You just broke up with the asshole though."

"I know, but don't worry, I'm good. I'm not going to be confused or anything like that. I stopped having real feelings for Jerome a very long time ago. At one point, we were both staying in this relationship just to stay, nothing was really going on. We didn't kiss for the past six months or so. Sex life was nonexistent after the second year. We were there only physically, well barely, but emotionally and mentally ? We've been detached," she explained, hoping that it was enough to comfort her mother.

"Okay. I just wanted to make sure that you know what you are doing. I don't need you out there jumping from a relationship to another one, and another one, to then end up completely broken. I just want what's best for my babies." She sat next to her.

"I know." They hugged. "I love you."

"I love you more. So ? What's that Chresanto about ? What do you know about him ? "

Eb nervously bit on her bottom lip, feeling as if she was sixteen all over again. She already knew how her mother was going to act after her response. "Well...I don't know much about him. That's why we're going on this date."

Sanaa instantly frowned, looking at her oldest daughter as if she was crazy. She stood on her feet. "Are you out of your damn mind ? You're going out with a stranger ? Oh hell nah ! "

She sighed. "Mom, I'm a grown woman. You won't cancel my plans."

"Don't be too sure about that. You know me, Ivory. But seriously, what were you thinking when you said yes ? Anything can happen to you tonight. He could be a serial killer, or a rapist or worst." She began panicking.

"Or he could be her future husband and father of her children. Did you think about it ? This is also a possibility." Lyona joined the conversation as she chose a lipstick to put on her big sister.

"True," Paris agreed as she unplugged the flat iron since she was done doing her sister's hair.

"And you taught us self-defense. Do you remember when you forced us to go to your kick-boxing classes ? " Deka also intervened, while the three sisters nodded their heads.

Sanaa sighed in defeat. "Y'all right. Sorry, I'm just a mother." She shrugged, sitting back down.

Eb chuckled. "And you're a good one. Don't worry, and trust your work, you raised us right. As soon as I feel unsaved, I'm getting the fuck outta there." Her mother slightly popped her in her mouth. "Mama ! "