61. Hope.

Who likes the new cover?

Thanks so much for reading this book, it means a lot! (I'm also amazed at how many people stomach my writing!)

_=_

A treaty was signed and it started with freeing the teenage boy known to most as 'Wallace West' out of captivity.

"Why do we have to let him go?" Dick whined, glaring at the red head of the archer who only shrugged and shovelled another spoonful of icecream into his mouth.

"It makes sense that the one with super speed clears the mess." Roy mumbled with a smile, and Wally groaned in exasperation, not daring to say a word as he ran around the room and grabbed all the strewn feathers scattered everywhere.

"Hey Roy... Wally," The thirteen year old acrobat stared at the floor absentmindedly, his voice quiet and serious. "I need your help."

The teen speedster halted his clean up and looked back at his friend. "Yeah?"

Roy frowned as his gaze shifted to his little brother. "What is it, Dick?"

"Well," he let out a breath, his blue eyes now fixed on his hands. "I want to... Bruce won't let me, but I-" The young Grayson clenched his jaw, his words broken into pieces and incoherent as his gaze set into a glare. He said nothing more but his brothers understood perfectly.

Wally grimaced, and shook his head at Roy. The archer narrowed his eyes at the speedster in reply, crossing his arms as he let out a light cough. The ginger haired boy raised an eyebrow then rolled his eyes. "Fine," Wally sighed, walking to Dick's side. "I'm in."

"The guy who is behind this sent assassins to take care of Batman and Red Arrow." Roy started. "And he somehow got you infected with a crazy virus from Uganda."

Dick looked up, relief written all over his features as Roy started deducing the situation. "I've been thinking on that," he cleared his throat, tossing a cookie into Wally's waiting mouth. "We still don't know if I got poisoned as Robin or as Bruce Wayne's son..."

"Well, if you got sick as Robin then he had a way to get close to you." Wally mulled it over, his mouth full as he spoke. "But if you were 'Dick' then..."

Roy gritted his teeth. "Then he could very well know your secret identity."

"And that's not the only problem," Dick frowned. "If I got poisoned as a civilian then it could be anybody."

"No," Wally shook his head, shoving a handful of chips into his mouth. "It's waterborne, the person had to have been close enough to contaminate your water."

"I would have noticed." The thirteen year old bit his lip. "Unless..."

"Unless it was someone who you would never suspect, someone you trusted." Roy continued.

Dick's eyes flashed as he thought back to a few months ago. "There was only one time I drank something someone gave me."

Wally's eyebrows shot to his hairline. "Who was it?"

"The school's nurse," the bird stated quietly. "She gave me a cup of water after waking up in her office, I think I had passed out in the hallway and was taken there... The water tasted like lemon... But she said it was just normal water... I didn't think..."

"It's okay, D." Roy smiled, suppressing his anger. "You'll be okay, alright?"

"Yeah!" Wally agreed loudly. "One day we will laugh about this."

"I hope so," Dick said weakly. "I really hope so."

-