Chapter 13

"So you want to tell me that my little sister needs to be sacrificed on a blood altar in order to kill your lunatic brother and you guys are all ok with it?"

Grace asked with a glare directed towards the people sitting around her. Elijah diverted his gaze as he couldn't really look her in the eyes. Fortunately Damon joined them again.

"Finally someone in her right mind! Thanks, Gracie. We can kill Klaus today with Bonnie."

They had already told the oldest Gilbert about Jeremy's and Bonnie's whereabouts and why Bonnie was the secret weapon in this game. Elena shook her head with a sigh.

"It will kill her, Damon. Not an option."

Standing up, Grace paced through he room nervously. She needed to find a solution and felt utterly useless. Grace herself couldn't step into the ritual for Elena, but she would've if she could.

"But killing you is alright? That's also not an option, Elena."

Elena seemed to grow annoyed by all those people trying to protect her. She clutched Stefan's hand tightly.

"We have the elixir. It will bring me back."

She looked at Elijah for his support and he nodded. He gently placed a hand on Grace's arm to stop her from pacing. Looking at him for a moment, she ripped away but stood beside him.

"Trust an ancient elixir with no expiration date? Oh come on, please."

Damon chirped in and Elijah explained why the Gilbert ring wouldn't work on Elena. It disturbed Elijah that one of those rings was on John Gilbert's hand and not on Grace's. She needed better protection.

"Elena, I surprisingly agree with Damon. The risk is too high. Why can't we simply run? Join the vampire witness protection program."

She had no clue how she could be funny right now, but Elijah beside her chuckled slightly. But Elena wasn't in the mood to joke.

"He will kill you all, Grace. What life would it be if I'm responsible for all of your deaths? Jeremy and you...don't take me wrong, but you don't stand a chance against a vampire."

"...not even with protection."

Elijah mumbled to himself, but Grace heard it and shot him a glare. Neither did she wanted his opinion on this, nor did she wanted her sister and their friends to notice that there was something going on between them. He wasn't their enemy right now, but he also wasn't a trusted one.

Sighing, Grace shook her head and let her hands sunk down defeated. She turned around to go out and get some air. She stopped shoulder to shoulder with Elijah and spoke in a threatening voice.

"If she won't get out of this alive...I will kill you and your brother with my bare hands."

They all knew that she didn't meant that serious because even she had noticed that those older vampires were quite hard to kill. Elena sighed in relief because her sister was into the plan now.

But Grace needed a moment alone with herself. She walked through the hall, still not sure where  the exit was, when all of a sudden Alaric bursted in right before her. The last she knew was that he was possessed by Klaus who led her to be basted by those boys.

She froze in motion and her eyes widened before she slowly stepped back.

"Elijah..."

Her voice was only a whisper, she was too afraid to scream. This lunatic would kill her without blinking an eye.

Within the splinter of a second, a back in a suit jacket was in front of her, facing Alaric...or Alarics body. Stefan and Damon joined shortly after.