chapter 25

ʚ|ɞ

Eyes wide open, jaw hitting the floor with a slight drool running down my left chin, shamelessly I stare at Lucifer. He stalks around the palace's main hall, adjusting his leather jacket.

Leo's clothes have never looked more smoking hot than they did right about now on an angel that should be the literal definition of hot as hell.

His jet black hair blend perfectly with his golden skin. His unique shade of eyes make me swoon a little. His burning wings are on full display as he unlike Leo and Arakh has no motivation of hiding and is rather showing them off as they lazily move behind him. The flames coming alive.

I blink for a moment and the bright yellow fire gets replaced by an angry red color flame. His feathers which after long observation I realize are actually  pure white changed to black, making his wings appear even more badass.

"Woahhhhhhh" I gasp out loud like a kid and reach out to touch them but Leo swats my hands away.

"Can you stop being a creep Rose? For crying out loud, you are drooling... Stop...stop" he hisses in my ear while trying to pull me back but I keep struggling under his tight grip over my arms to get free and run towards Lucifer.

I have an overwhelming urge to touch and feel him. I want to take a closer look at his eyes, feel the texture of his wings and even smell him.

"Rose no!" Leo whisper screams but I somehow manage to get out of his hold and run straight towards Lucifer. Only hand's breadth away from him I take a deep breath. He has no dominating scent except for a warm feeling, just a tingling warm sensation that hits me in the nose when I try to smell him. It is as if trying to smell the sun early in the morning without the earthy scent attach to it.

He turns around and looks down at me, his eyes flare a bright orange shade and I see flames glinting back. With not a trace of sanity in my head, as if under a trance I extend my hands to touch his wings. I expect them to be cold like Leo's but they are burning hot to my touch. Like fire is suppose to be.

As if a heavy weight or curtain lifting off of me I suddenly start registering all of my senses. I can hear Leo's repeated 'no's' under his breath just as clearly as I can hear the sharp intake of breath that Arakh takes when Lucifer grabs my hand.

The second our skin came into contact a wave of unknown power hit me, knocking me down on the floor with my mind and sight yet again drowning in darkness.

The last thing I see are the three angels helplessly kneeling on the floor with their heads still bowing down in the presence of a first angel and the angel Lucifer himself looming over me as my vision turns black.

.•.______________________.•.

A bright light hits my eyes, making me squeeze them harder in a vain attempt at blocking it out and instead I find myself struggling to open them up. I blink a couple of times, giving my eyes some time to adjust themselves against the bright light that is surrounding me. At first my sight only registers the blinding light before slowly it cames face to face with enchanting bright stars, the size of my fist that are floating up in the high ceiling, casting bewitching light in shades of red, pink, blue, white, silver, and many more. 

Still a little dazed, I slowly try sitting up straight and someone places a hand under my back supporting me up. I look to my right, Arakh's smiling face greets me and I simply forget the floating stars. I give a weak smile back as I let him help me.