Chapter 23

Chapter 23- Haylee's POV

Today was a fairy tale, you were the prince. I used to be a damsel in distress. You took me by the hand and you picked me up at six, today was a fairy tale. Today was a fairy tale. Today was a fairy tale, I wore a dress, you wore a dark gray t-shirt. You told me I was pretty when I looked like a mess, today was a fairytale.

As I shifted myself on the small hospital bed at midnight, I could only think about romantic-and yet cheesy- Taylor Swift songs. I couldn't help but love that song so much. Plus it could mystically relate to today. As Shawn had literally worn a gray t-shirt with some blue Vans. He looked great, but on the other hand: he always did. Shawn was just so flawless, and I just could not be more eager to see him again tomorrow.

Plus the boys said we'd be going to some sort of neon-themed party, they were invited to. We were to be their dates, I hoped I was Shawn's date- but I really would be pleased going with any of the guys. I mean, all of them were incredible and extremely attractive. It was just that...it was Shawn who I was in love with.

"Wake up Haylee, your friends are here." I opened my eyes, to the soothing sound of my mom's voice.

"Which friends? What time is it even? I over-slept again? Mom, weren't you supposed to wake me up?" As I bombarded my mom with questions, she smiled.

"It's past noon, and by your friends I mean the girls. Who you are going to the mall with, because apparently you are going to your first party." Said my mom, tickling me in the stomach. She was probably glad I had finally socialized with someone. As she had always instructed me to do, but I had never been social until, like, now.

"Now honey, please get dressed and Nurse Nancy will get you some of your daily pills, and you can go shopping. I gave Mary Cate some money for you. Come back by 10, I don't want you back that late." My mom hugged me, while saying the last part. I was not mad at her anymore, I had decided not to be. If I were a mom of a girl with cancer, I know I'd feel the same way.

My mom left the room. So I quickly changed into some jean shorts-as it is summer- and a black shirt that said 'sue me babe' in neon green letters, plus my favorite black Converse. I left the hospital room 377 and I encountered the girls at the lobby. I hugged everyone hello, until I got to two faces I vaguely recognized.

"Jasmine and McKenzie, Shawn told us to hang out with you guys." Said Jasmine, as I could now remember her name.

"Alright then." I said, hugging McKenzie. McKenzie hugged me back grinning. Then I hugged Jasmine, and she tried to pull away. She could not ruin that badass reputation of hers.

"I'll drive." Said Ally, who had her driver's license already. My mom had lent us her car for the day, as she was extremely happy today.

So all 11 of us, squished ourselves into the tiny car. It did not take long for us to get to the mall.

Surprisingly, the mall was quite empty for it to be a sunny summer day. We all went to a store called 'Neon' were Anna had recommended us to go, as she loved buying dresses and they had beautiful ones there.

For hours, all the girls kept on trying and buying beautiful dresses that fit each one of them perfectly. They all looked so flawless, and I just knew that dressed like that the guys would stare at them.

I was the only one who did not have a neon dress in my hands and then I spotted it. A beautiful knee-high neon pink dress, with some black details along the skirt. I went to the dressing room, and then showed the girls how I looked in the dress. I just loved it.

"Oh my gosh, Hayls, you look so beautiful." Said Natalia, shocked because I usually refused to wear anything else that is not swears and t-shirts.

"You'll get Shawn with that dress." Said Leah, grinning very much.

"Shawn will love it." Said McKenzie, who was a bit shy, and did not talk to us often. But that comment made me so glad. She knew Shawn the best, and she said he'd love it.

Maybe he will love it.

Maybe one day he will love me.

~~~

Hey you guys! I'm updating again today. I will try to update in the afternoon because the party is coming and they gonna buckwild😏 So guys comment your favorite chapter so far in my book & I will dedicate the next chapter to someone😘

Bye guys. Love yall. Stay beautiful.

-Nat