Twenty - Eight

Rachel's POV
I was sleeping peacefully, as you do after flying from one continent to another, until my phone start vibrating off the hook. I groaned and reached over for it. I looked at the time and saw it was nearly half twelve in the afternoon, the following day, and I sighed.

I saw I had multiple missed calls from mom, mum and the girls but I honestly couldn't be bothered to ring them back. I also saw I had three from Steph and sighed.

I got out of bed and walked out of the bedroom and into the living room area. I saw two men dressed in suits standing by the glass windows looking out at Carson. I cleared my throat and they both turned and looked a me.

"You must be Rachel. I'm Jeffery and this is Jake. We're you're bodyguards here. We'll be by your side everywhere you go while you're outside the hotel. Things have been pretty hectic down there all afternoon."
"It's nice to meet you both. Is Conor still here by any chance?"
"Yup. He's standing outside the door."
"Cheers."

I walked over to the main door and opened it. Conor was sitting against the wall reading the newspaper with his legs crossed. He smiled when he saw me and stood up.

"Glad to see you're looking fresher ma'am. What can I do for you?"
"Is there a shop nearby that does a breakfast roll?"
"I know just the place. Do you want me to take you there?"
"Yes please, but let me freshen up first."
"Yes ma'am. Take you're time."

I went into my room and grabbed clean clothes from my suitcases. I went into the bathroom and took a quick shower and walked back out to the living room. I grabbed my backpack and made sure my money and phone was in it and then walked out to Conor.

"Ready ma'am?"
"Yes sir."

We got into the elevator with Jeffery and Jake. The ride was faster than I remembered and then the doors opened. We stepped out and Jeffery and Jake were immediately in front of Conor and I. I walked over to reception and saw it was the same man as last night. I looked at his tag and saw his name was Terence.

"Ahh Miss Rachel, it's nice to see you again. What can I do for you?"
"Well I was wondering if it was chaotic out there?"
"Very much so. Carson loves you very much Miss Rachel."
"So I've heard. Thank you Terence. See you soon."
"Have a good day Miss Rachel."

I walked back to the boys and Jeffery was on the phone. Conor and Jake were playing slaps and I smiled at how childish they were. Jeffery hung up and put his phone back in his pocket.

"So, we have two options. We can either go straight out and get bombarded or we can wait them out. They shouldn't be long more."
"Let's go straight out. I don't want other guests getting stuck in here because of my mess."
"Alright then. Let's go."

Conor handed me a pair of sunglasses and I looked at him in confusion. He chuckled.

"Trust me, you're gonna need them."
"If you say so."

I put them on and we walked to the door. The doorman opened the door for us and everyone started shouting and screaming my name. I smiled and waved as Conor and Jake kept a clear path. As we were walking by I saw a little boy, no older than three, sitting on the ground crying. There was no one paying attention to him and he was alone. I turned to Conor.

"Grab the baby. He's alone. I don't want to leave him."

Jeffery pulled back and him and Jake led me straight to the car. I got in and seconds later Conor came in with the crying baby. He handed him to me and I held the baby in my arms. After a few minutes he stopped crying and looked up at me with his big brown eyes. I smiled down at him and rubbed his cheek.