| 2 |

"Uh-hey-" He dragged like he speaking to someone he knew.

"It-its okay, I don't have a reason to hurt you. Do you wanna call the cops? My friends and right around the corner" I stood up looked at him and shook my head. He nodded once very slowly waiting for an answer from me.

"Uh-I'll go" I whispered and he nodded as I took a step forward but my knees buckle and I fall again earning a voice from him.

"Oh! You hurt?" He ran to me as I rubbed my hands on my numb legs. "I am fine. Thank you. I need to go-"

"Yoo Sammy - Who's that?" I heard a voice and both our faces snapped in its direction.

"A girl?" He asked and my heart dropped.

"Fuck off Rob," he yelled.

"Ya, fuck off Rob," said a girl's voice and I look for her when I see her walking from behind that other guy. Three other people were walking toward us.

"What happened to you?"

"I saw some guys jumping on her, were they robbing you or something?"

Sammy or whatever his name was asked but I shook my head standing up and clearing my throat.

"They just attacked me outta nowhere. I have to go." He and the girl beside me nodded.

"I'll take you guys to the main road and go ahead," she said as that Sammy guy nodded.

The area wasn't well lit, and the streets were empty, but I saw his face more as he moved his neck around. I wanted to thank him but I was too distracted. When we walked near a well-lit area right near a grocery store I looked back at the girl.

"Thanks to this, I can go from here," I say and she nodded.

She had black hair on her shoulder, a ring on her lips, and long chain-like earrings. I found her pretty. She was hot and looked badass. She didn't say anything and just walked back to where we came from. I wondered how nerve-wracking it would be if there wasn't a girl to help me. It's not like I hated men, I was just scared at this point to be near one.

It was an unfortunate night, which made me call my boss and quit on a quick note.

She was angry and yelled but I didn't care, I was scared for my life, I didn't care about telling the cops I just wanted nothing to do with it. When I replied to the scene in my head to the point where they spoke of a package I remembered kicking a box into the open sewer, that was the reason they ran after me.

I didn't wanna imagine what was in that box.

The next week I looked for jobs but none of them were convenient for me to start at. There was only one place. A bakery. But I had worked at bakeries before. The constant smell of sweet food sometimes annoys me, especially when you can't eat it for free. Or maybe it was just because I was always on the kitchen side of the bakery.

Either way, I just went with it. Happy to work as a coffee maker.

"Oh, we are a bit short-handed this time, do you mind taking over the cashier's position for tonight? I can handle this side" My coworker said and I agreed.

However far I got the job from that alleyway I was almost killed in, I still had to pass by that grocery store the girl dropped me at. Giving a long sigh as I walked past it when I heard a loud 'Oh!' right behind me.

I flinched, the hair on the back of my neck standing as I heard someone.

What do I do now !!? Run? No, why run? There is a whole ass shopping mart beside me I can just run in there. I straighten my back ready to run into the store as I see a body coming near me.

I take a step towards the store when my eyes settle on the slightly lit face.

"The girl from a week ago" He muttered while walking near me but stopped a few meters away.

"Oh-Oh, it's you," I said, my heartbeat slowly relaxing. "Sammy?" When I asked if the name was correct, he softly chuckled, rubbing his head.

"Just Sam but my friends call me that." I nodded while making an 'O' face.

"Well, I gotta go, Byeee" I drag the 'E' so that it doesn't sound super cold and he gave me a slight smile waving a bye. I took two steps ahead before stopping.

Maybe I can thank him now?

I turned around to notice his confused stare, while I walked towards him, and put my hand in my grocery bag searching for that small packet. He blinked twice, leaning back just a little as I got closer and closer.

Pushing my hand right on his chest and stared at him.

"Um-This is thanks" He looked down at my hand and caught the chocolate as I slowly dropped it.

"Oh-thanks for this" I nodded turning around and walking away.

Well, I hope we don't meet again. He only reminds me of that terrible night.

That night, I tossed and turned in bed unable to sleep because of the contact fear. I knew I was safe. But I have never faced such a situation in my life before. I absolutely hated myself for being so weak.

Even carrying a taser didn't help because I was too slow.