| 4 |

"Weren't you glad to tell me your name, Isla?" I stare at him in confusion.

"Y-you know him?" I asked and he nodded in reply.

"Jaxson D'Costa" Sammy introduced me and I nodded slightly. Even the thought of taking his hand caused me to feel funny in my stomach.

Jaxson...just really familiar for some reason. Maybe I heard it somewhere accidentally. Maybe my mind was playing games with me.

His face was now visible because of all the lights, the thin stubble over his jaw perfectly fit him. He was gorgeous. Too deadly but gorgeous. His eyes were grey, with long lashes, and they caught my attention. I couldn't look into his eyes for more than a second as I naturally looked away from that intense face.

But I couldn't get the thought out of my head that I had seen him before.

"Here" He spoke handing me my papers and I raised my eyebrows in shock and grabbed them.

"Thank you so much. Sorry, but your papers are back at my house. I can hand them over to Sammy tomorrow. If you are here like always"

"Sammy?" he asked. His voice was harsh as Sammy suddenly froze.

"Uh-She thought my name was Sammy from the start," he explained. I said nothing as those grey eyes turned to me and back to him.

"How do you know her?" He asked. His voice was full of authority, it seemed like he was demanding an answer from Sammy. And Sammy obeyed.

"That week, when we had to receive a package from the boys. We found them hurting her"

Package, Package package...well fuck! These people were the ones behind it too.

"Those fuckers tried to rob her. They didn't give us what they promised so we took care of them"

Took care? TOOK Care!?

How shall I tell them it was me who kicked that package into an open sewer? I don't have to. Why should I? I have nothing to do with it. I can just move on. Besides, it wasn't that heavy to kick, how valuable could it be?

"You were hurt because of them?" He asked looking at me and my breath caught up.

"Uh-No, Sammy helped me at the last minute." He creased his eyes at me and looked at Sammy again.

"Leave," he whispered, and Sammy gulped, nodding.

I stare at his back, highly aware of a set of grey eyes on me. I felt my body melt little by little. My legs pressed together as he stepped closer.

"Isla Ellis" I bit my lip as my head tilted down. I fear if I look up something will happen. It doesn't matter if it's bad or good. My breath hitched as my heartbeat quickened its pace the second he came closer than before.

"Daughter of Kane Ellis. "I snapped my head up to him in disbelief multiple questions.

"How do you know that?" He shrugged but I just frowned at his lack of explanation.

How can he just shrug that off? Is it not creepy to know a stranger's name!?

"Do you happen to know me? somehow?" I asked and he stepped back.

"You can say that," he replied.

That was very weird, as I stared at him I thought he might have gotten my information from my papers but I did not add my current address and my father's name in it. Perhaps a stalker?

"Did-Did you stalk me or something?" I whispered, hinting at my discomfort. He just smirked back at me as I would just pass by that shrug he gave me with it like nothing.

"I don't need to stalk anyone for information Isla. But your case is different"

I did not understand a single thing from that beautiful mouth of his.

Isla! Are you insane? Did you just think of the creep as beautiful!?

"Stop beating around the bush Mister Jaxson. May I ask, how do you know my father's name?" Perhaps he was a client? My father worked with multiple companies, it was normal for him to know about me through my father but the way this man approached me just put me in an uncomfortable spot. I asked out of curiosity although I just wanted to turn around and leave.

"I can't believe you forgot about me Isla."

I just stared at him like he was speaking gibberish. I just had a feeling I had seen him. I look at him to memorize anything about him when I noticed a faint scar right at the edge of his left eyebrow.

It couldn't be....someone from my past, I let out a sigh at the thoughts passing through my head. My mind makes up things without any further conformations. I just looked away not believing it.

"No-No I don't. I am sorry, I have to get going." I said but he only stared at me.

"Uh-I'll give your papers to Sammy. Tomorrow" I said glancing up at him but his face looked like he was super mad.

"His name is Sam. Just so you know, Isla. See you tomorrow" He stated before I could speak any further he walked past me. Taking out a key and I heard the beeps of his car. He got in, pulling his car out of his spot and turning towards the road.

I just felt like talking to him was a bad option. But I knew him somehow. From the old days. I couldn't remember anything else.

"Hey, you good?" Sammy asked and I turned around.

"How do you know that man?" He rubbed his hand on the back of his head.

"Uh-He is kinda our boss? No, the boss sounds too professional. Someone we work for, but not completely," I look away, nodding.

"I see, I'll give you the papers tomorrow," I said. "Oh, no need. He will take them from you before me. I am sure," he said, waving me a bye, leaving me even more confused.

I shrug the whole situation over my shoulders and walk back home. I was too busy to think about this whole problem right now.

"Hey mom" I called opening the front door and hearing a 'welcome home' back from the kitchen.

"Your dad is home early, let's have dinner together" I nodded walking to my room and taking a shower. I wash my hair because washing it in the morning and drying it took too long.

I got in a simple dress I wore around the house and left my hair to dry.

"Hello" I greeted my father as he nodded in response while watching the TV.

As we sat together having dinner, I cleared my throat. "Father, do you perhaps have a client named Jaxson D'Costa?" My father frowned, shaking his head.

"Well, okay, then have you heard of his name?" My eyes looked at my mother as if to ask her the question but she looked up thinking and shaking her head.

"Oh, I do remember Jaxson, his friend" I almost choked on my food as my mom stopped eating. My dad glanced at us and looked away.

"Ya, no. Definitely not him," I whispered, taking my plate to the sink.