Chapter 14

The first thing I did was growl at him and my claws came out. That made him smile, “Oh, kitty’s got claws.” “You annoying little, I should claw that grin right off your face…” I got up, but then I looked around, everyone was looking at me. I looked down; I would not let this creep win.

I walked across the room and sat down. Even if I had to be in the same class as him that didn’t mean I had to be near him. A lady came in just as the bell rang. The teachers here must be terrible at keeping appointments. “Hello everyone, is everyone in their right seats?” Everyone looked around and started whispering.

“Jez, freshmen these days. I put everyone’s names in alphabet order now find your names.” Everyone got up and started moving to their seats. I went to the front because you know Bite as in b. I found my name and I sat down. The other person at my table was someone named Jonathan Bright well I don’t care who he was, anyone was better then you know who.

“Well, well we meet again.” World I now curse you and anyone who likes you. The creep walked over to the table. “Jonathan Bright at your service.” He did a bow and sat down. “And you are?” I turned and growled the words, “None of your stupid business.” He looked at my name tag. “Nice to meet you Miss Taylor Bite.”

He held out a hand, the same one I had scratched the day before. I really didn’t want to talk to him but I had to know what had happen. “I seem to remember hurting that hand.”He looked down at his hand and fake pouted. “Yeah, you did and it really hurt my feelings, but I will forgive you if you ask.” He laughed and the sound was just like in my dream.

“Or I could just claw your head off.” He tilted his head, “I don’t see how that will help.” I stood up and the teacher yelled at me, “Excuse me young lady did you have something to say?” I looked at her I had forgotten I was in class I hadn’t heard a word she had said. “N-no sorry.” I sat back down and the teacher turned back to the board and keep writing and talking.

I heard the people behind me starting to giggle. I blushed, great now everyone is going to start talking about how big of an idiot I am. The creep whispered to me, “You know if you want to really know what happened come sit by me at lunch.” I turned and looked at him and he smiled. God please just strike me down and put me out of my misery.