Chapter 17

The rest of the day went by in a blur. I didn’t pay any attention to any of the teachers or the classes. Plus since there was no Summer and more importantly, no creep the last of my classes were uneventful.

I went to my locker and Summer came up to me, “So how was your first day of… Are you ok? You still upset about gym?” I wasn’t really I had gotten over that it was something else like the feel of the day was weird like when I first meet the creep so I was on my toes.

“No I’m fine I am just dreading having to spend a detention with Mr.Z.” Summer laughed, “Well you better hurry I would hate for you to be late again.”

We walked down the hall and stopped in front of Mr. Z’s door when an announcement came on, “Attention students all teachers have a meeting today right after school. All afterschool actives will start at 4:00 instead of 3:00. Have a nice day.” I prayed it wasn’t so but sure enough when I tried to open the door it was locked.

“Now what am I going to do for the next hour?” I started walking down the hall again. “You could go to the library.” I looked at Summer, that would work. “Ok let’s go.” “Oh sorry I have to go, my mom is waiting outside but I will see you tomorrow.”

Summer ran off in the opposite direction and waved by the door but she must have guessed I did she her because she walked out before I could wave back.

I went to the library and wasted an hour than went back to the room but it was still locked, so I waited outside it for a while. After ten minutes I was just going to leave when I had I idea, but it was dumb he wouldn’t have meant to go to the homeroom class would he?

I walked down to the room anyway better than waiting around and lucky me I opened the door and there he was. “Well there you are, late as usually.” “I thought you said to go to the other class.” He looked at me like was crazy, “Why would I do that I told you yesterday to come here if something happened now sit down.”

I sat at the front of the room. Mr. Z made me write a letter to myself to never be late and he made me stay until 5:00 instead of 4:30 because of a room mix up! Five o’ clock came around and I gave my letter to Mr. Z. “I hope you have learned your lesson Miss Bite?” “Sure.”

I walked out the room and walk down the empty halls. I neared the front doors when I got a chill down my spine. I turned quickly and looked around, but the creep was nowhere to be seen. I called out, “I know you are there now stop following me, this is why I call you a creep.” I had thought that he would come out and say some dumb remark about why would I call him a creep but nothing happened.

Near the staircase next to me there was movement, “Hello?” I heard a low growl, but I know I didn’t do it this one sounded different. “Jonathan?” In the next moment something jumped out the shadows and hit me. The only things I saw before I crashed through the front doors were claws and bright gold eyes.