chapter 15

chapter 15

*

look at us, we barely talk anymore.

I could barely keep my eyes open. I've had at least 2 detentions so far. I'm in a test so far and I've only answered the first page. I feel so weak and I can barely think straight at all. Yukio's gonna give a massive rant at me once I get home. That is all I can think about without confusing myself to sleep. A stone cold glare was shooting at me from the teachers desk. I could feel it, hard not to. Ricking my third detention I looked up to see the furious gaze of my teacher aiming right at me. My eyes were all droopy and I can't stop myself. All I felt was the pain of my head hitting the desk and the test paper before I fell asleep.

~*~

It must have been five minuets at least from when I past out. Groaning I lifted my head off the desk and a familiar piece of paper was stuck to my forehead. From what I could tell, no one was in the class room for the test. Maybe it was a bit longer then five minuets then. I ripped the annoying piece of paper off my forehead. As looked back down on the desk I saw another very familiar piece of paper. My 3rd detention. I gulped when all my senses had woken themselves up. Someone then cleared there throat. Probably to catch my attention. I looked up and saw the last person I wanted to see. Yukio. My tail swished sadly and I moved my gaze to somewhere else in the room.

"look at me Rin" His voice was stern and was partly filled with disappointment. Hesitantly I Looked at him. My brother's face was a mixture of disappointment, anger and hopelessness. I frowned.

"What's wrong with you?" Yukio's voice was softer but his emotions hadn't changed. I could tell, he isn't a very good actor.

"Nothing, I'm just tired. that's all" I muttered. He sighed and started to shuffle round until he was right in front of me.

"You sure. Rin, I know you left I heard you come in and out in the space of five hours!" Yukio raised his voice a bit. Clearly, I had angered my brother. "What were you doing all that time?" He controlled his voice a bit making it sounding more inviting.

"I went out for a walk 'cause I couldn't get any sleep" I told him as confidently as I could. It wasn't entirely a lie, that was what I was planning to do.

"For five hours? Rin, I'm not stupid" My brothers voice sounded hurt more now. That made me feel guilty. I didn't want my brother to feel like I didn't trust him.

"Fine. I met someone along the way. One of Asuna's friends and no, she doesn't know where she is" I looked him right in the eye and spoke out as stubbornly as I could. Yukio sighed and leaned back a bit while crossing his arms. I don't think he noticed but his tail was flicking angrily. No, more in a jealous way. I smiled a bit, knowing there might be a chance. 

"Why are you smiling? You have three detentions and slept through one of your tests" Yukio spoke out to me in a hopeless tone. Do people give up on me that easily?  It hurt knowing that Yukio could've given up on me already. I kept on smiling. He clearly is jealous.

"no reason" I replied In a childish tone. A sigh of frustration was what I was expecting but what I wasn't was the laugh that came after it. My tail flicked up in surprise. He didn't stop laughing. My eye's widened a bit at the sight before me. "Uhh, Yukio?" I questioned him.

"You really are a piece of work" My brother said between laughs. He crouched down, holding his stomach with arm and grasping on the table for support with the other. Eventually I couldn't help but laugh along with him. I enjoyed moments like these. Shame they never last forever.  

After a while of laughing he lifted his head up. Our faces were in kissing distance and all I wanted was to feel those lips on my own. My eyes locked with his. His eyes are beautiful, a perfect mixture of brown with specs of blue. They held curiosity, wonder, childish and love? That wasn't possible, Yukio wasn't gay or any of those. I couldn't help that little bit of excitement well up.

I hadn't noticed before but Yukio started to lean in. His hand intertwined with mine as he closed his eyes. Panic now replaced the excitement I once felt. I had no clue what to do in these situations. My body stayed but, like it was glued in place. Soon I grasped what to do in the situation and started to close my eyes. Just as is lips were about to lock with mine his stupid phone went off! Oh, how I wanted to grab it off him and smash it off him but sadly, that wasn't an option. Sighing, Yukio stood up and was about to pick up when I gave him my best puppy dog face I could. Hoping it would work, this time luck wasn't on my side. He gave my a sympathetic look and picked up. I frowned. Stupid phone, always taking him away. I thought while glaring daggers at the phone. Lately, Yukio has been as lot more busy than usual. He almost never has time to talk to me anymore and I've been getting more detentions than usual just to get his attention. So far, he hasn't noticed. Pain was what I felt in my heart. I didn't know if she was ignoring me or not.

Getting frustrated I stormed out of the class room. Out of the corner I could see Yukio look at me confused. Stupid Yukio! I thought angrily. Completely forgetting my detentions I made my way to the fountain. No one was around so I could grumble silently to myself and no one would think I was even more crazy. Just as I started I felt a presence next to me. Looking to my left I saw Izumo. I lifted an eyebrow up in curiosity. She sat down with her legs and arms crossed with her eyes shut.

"It's Yukio isn't it?" She questioned bluntly. Which confused me.  "Something's going on between you two, you're getting more detestations than usual and you keep on giving Yukio this look" She finally stopped taking a deep breath before continuing with her lecture, "Now, what is it?" Izumo more demanded than questioned me.

Scared to not reply or be rude as usual, I replied. "He's always busy and never talks to me anymore, It's like I'm not there" I ranted. My eyes casted down as I felt depressed. It was silent for a while. Only the wind and the sound of falling water making the silence less tense. A sigh came from Izumo's mouth. I looked at her expecting her to say something. Instead she smiled. Slightly shocked my mouth opened. She rarely smiled. So it was unusual to see her like this.

"It's funny, you always out up this tough guy act but really you're just a child" She stated calmly. It wasn't wrong. It was natural for me to act like that. I thought it impressed people. It still do.

"So what" I mumbled, slouching with my head resting in my supported hand. Izumo just shrugged. Ok, has she taken something she shouldn't have?  I questioned. I leaned forward, putting my hand on her forehead to check. Seems like she didn't like that as she slapped my arm and glared at me. Back to normal.

After that, we just sat there for a bit. We've probably missed the last lessons by now as sun looked quite low. Izumo sighed as she got up and brushed herself. "Well, I best be off and if anyone asks, I went off sick" she sternly said as if she would murder me if I didn't do as she told me to. I just nodded in reply. She scares me slightly. Well, she scares everyone a bit. I guess It's just how she is. Deciding that I had to go to, I made my way back home. Sadness came back to me as I realised that I had to face Yukio. He'll be mad at me for missing the last classes. Especially his. I frowned. I hated his rants at me, they were boring and I ended up drifting off in the middle of them.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

SOooo close! So close to getting to what you guys wanted but sadly I am being mean and didn't let it happen.

OMG, I am so sorry I haven't been able to update in ages. I've just had so much to do but I promise I will update more often. For you guys. Also, I will be stopping my other books as I just haven't felt the inspiration or drive to carry on anymore. They also feel a bit stale, like not that much hard work has been put into them anymore but I will leave them up. Don't worry , the next chapter will be up soon.

mocha-chan