Together Atlast: Chapter 5

McKenzie's POV

"What the heck do you mean I have to come with you? That lady has nothing to do with me"

She can rot in hell for all I care. I mean, I'm not a mean person it's just that psycho girl got on my nerves. What kind of person kidnaps someone just for a guy. She was probably just a gold digger. The chunky officer sighs loudly with an 'I don't get paid enough for this job' look.

"Listen, Mckenzie Johnson right?"

"Yeah"

I nod my head before he continues to talk.

"I'm just doing my job and you're not making it any easier. Now come with me before this turns into something it doesn't have to be"

There was no way I'm going with this man. Why should I when I did nothing wrong?

"Your job is not my problem"

"Alright, have it your way"

He turns me around before placing handcuffs on my wrist as I squirm around in his grasp.

"My boyfriend is gonna sue all y'all who's part of this mess watch! Ooo you guys are so gonna get it"

"You have the right to remain silent. You have-"

My eyes go wide once I realize he was listing off my rights.

"Wait wait, wait. Hold the damn chopsticks. I'm getting arrested!?"

He doesn't answer but instead continues where he left off. Pulling my arm and then ushering me into the vehicle.

~

The car pulls up to the police station as it comes to a halt. Officer dick face gets out and opens my door. Gosh, it's to late for all this man. He pulls me up by my arm and drags me into the building.

"Hey! Stop being so rough"

He just rolls his eyes to my request making me angrier. I can't wait to tell Kyle about this. They actually have to nerve to think I'm involved with her murder! He stops walking once we reach what looks like a waiting room. My eyes instantly landed on Kyles and his on mine.

"Kenzie!"

He quickly walks towards us, bringing me into a hug before setting my feet back on the floor. His eyes land on my hands tied behind my back. Making him instantly glare at the officer.

"We're the handcuffs really necessary!"

"She wasn't-"

He holds a hand up to the officers face, stopping him from talking.

"Take. Them. Off"

Man, if looks could kill this guy would go through a slow painful death. The officer rolls his eyes. Kyles intense glare making his hands shaky. Within a few seconds they were finally off. I instantly rub my red irritated wrist.

"Oh God baby are you ok?"

He kisses my forehead, moving my face around with his hands to see if I was hurt. Laying kisses all over making me roll my eyes and stop his hand along with his lips.

"I'm fine, calm down"

He gives a shaky breath and a clearly fake smile.

"You know why they have us here right Kenzie?"

"Yeah. Can you believe they have the nerve to think we have something to do with-"

A low voice interrupts me mid sentence. We both look towards it and see another police officer.