Chapter Twenty-Three:

Ruka (1)

I woke up to being thrown to the floor.

"What the...?" I said, holding my head as I lifted myself up. I looked around and I was in a familiar room.

I stood up with a slight headache. I held my head while I walked over to the medal door and opened it. Right when I peeked my head out, I saw Zuko angrily walk passed me.

"Hey! Wait up!" I jogged after him and when I got to his side, he looked to me from the corner of his eye.

"What's going on?" I asked him.

"We're changing courses."

"W-why?"

"I don't know. But I'm about to find out."

We made it up to where the Captain was and Zuko wasted no time to yell at him. "What's the meaning of this mutiny?! No one told you to change course!"

"Actually, someone did." Iroh said. He was playing pai sho with some of the other crew members. "I assure you it's a matter of upmost importance, Prince Zuko."

"Is it something to do with the Avatar?"

"Even more urgent. It seems I," Iroh looked down in embarrassment. "I lost my lotus tile."

I face palmed. "We're changing courses for a lotus tile, Iroh?"

"Lotus tile?" Zuko raised a brow.

"Yes, for my pai sho game. Most people think the lotus tile insignificant. But, it is for my unusual strategy that I am glowing."

"You changed our course for a stupid lotus tile?" Zuko repeated my words. A little more harsh, but, we were on the same page.

"See. You like most people underestimate its value. Just give me ten minutes to check the merchants. Hopefully they have the lotus tile in stock and I can get on with my life."

Zuko huffed then puffed out fire from his mouth in frustration.

"I'm lucky to have such an understanding nephew."

"Yeah and I'm lucky to have a walrus for a mother." I laughed.

Iroh and Zuko looked at me oddly.

"Oh, we're not just saying random things out loud?"

Zuko rolled his eyes and I snickered. "Kidding hot head. Hey Iroh, how about a rematch once we get that lotus tile?"

"Sounds like a wonderful idea." Iroh nodded.

Zuko walked passed me and I followed after him. When I was at his side, he rolled his eyes. "What now?"

"Nothing." I shrugged.

"So why are you following me?"

"Because I'm bored."

"Of course you are." Zuko shook his head.

I stopped in my tracks. "Honestly, what's your problem?"

"I'm just naturally like this." Zuko said, walking up the steps that lead up to the deck. I nodded slowly, "Nice to know." I made my up to the deck and watched Zuko crack his neck and stretch out his arms.

"Ready to continue?" A man asked him. Zuko nodded and they got into a fighting stance. I went to a corner on the deck and sat in a criss cross position.

I started to hum a tune while I looked down at the waves that were caused by the ship.

"Do you mind?!"

I turned my head and Zuko was glaring at me. I looked over to the man he was training with and his arms were crossed.

I shook my head. "No, not at all. Proceed with your training Prince Zuko."

"Well I can't if you keep making all that sound!"

I rolled my eyes. "Fine, I'll stop."

Zuko turned back around and continued to train. I huffed, crossing my arms. This is so boring.

"Zuko."

"Hey zuko!"

"Zukooo."

"Oh Zooo-"

He turned around furiously. "What?! What do you want?!"

"Woah, chillax."

He gritted his teeth and put his hands in fists. 

"I was going to ask if you could like, I don't know, do something more entertaining."

"This is entertaining!"

"For you but not for me."

"Gosh, I don't know! Go take a nap until we get to the merchants!"

"But I just woke up not too long ago, so you see, I'm not very tired."

"Then jump off the ship - I don't care!"

I pouted. "Fine, I'll leave you alone." I stood up and walked off the deck. I went to my room and shut the medal door.

"He's such a jerk! You can't even have a simple conversation with him! He's so- Ugh, I swear I could just -"

"Excuse me, miss?"

I shot my head at my door. There was a guard that had his head popped in. I quickly brought my hands down to my sides and looked forward with an awkward smile. "Yes?"

"I just wanted to make sure everything was alright. I heard yelling."

I scratched the back of my neck with a nervous laugh, "Oh, it was just me being.. me."

"Very well. I'm sorry to bother you."

Before he could leave, I stopped him. "W-wait. You're not busy right now, are you?"

He shook his head. I smiled, "Great."

~

Hm, not my best chapter, but don't forget to vote! (: