~Eleven~ *

***Edited October 2022***

A/N: So, this is the second chapter in this book that I actually don't like that much. But I really hope you guys do :))

"So, how did you meet Libby and Caleb?" I asked Harry.

"Erm..." Harry began to play with his bottom lip a little as he waited at the stoplight, "Caleb is an old friend from school, and I met Libby through him - since I was one of the first people he told once they started dating."

"Aww...that's cute," I said with a smile, "and I think it's so lovely how you still keep in good contact with your school friends. It's pretty admirable, too. I'm not even still in contact with most of my old school friends."

Harry chuckled. "Well, my old friends still mean a lot to me. I wouldn't want them to feel like I've forgotten them with everything that's happened, y'know?"

Oh my God.

How sweet is this baby?

"Aww..." I smiled again, "that's so sweet of you, Harry."

He glanced at me briefly and smiled back before returning his attentions to the road. "Why thank you, Leah."

"The only people from school who I still talk to are Ashley, Aidan and...Heath, I guess," I shrugged, "it makes me feel kinda bad sometimes. I had quite a few friends back in high school, and most of them I don't even talk to anymore..." I bit my lip.

"Well, obviously you've just been too pre-occupied looking after Piper. And there's nothing bad about that," Harry told me.

"You think so?" I looked at him.

"Absolutely," he nodded, "you know what they say: family comes first."

"Yeah...that's true," I began to nod as well, "I really doubt she would've turned out as well as she has if I thought about my friends more than I thought about her."

"Exactly," Harry agreed, "you've dedicated yourself entirely to looking after Piper, and that's why she's as healthy and happy as she is right now. Like I said to you that day at the hospital: you're an amazing mother, Leah."

I felt myself blush and flashed a shy smile towards the floor. "Thank you, Harry. Obviously, considering how old I was and what people thought of me once I got pregnant...it always means so much to me when people tell me I'm a good mum."

"Well, I can only imagine how hard it must've been for you - expecting a child at that age," he said, "but, no matter what struggles you had - you still pushed through it all. You were determined to be a good mum and raise your daughter right even when her father was out of the picture. That's what I admire about you."

My breath hitched quietly, my heart began to race, and I felt flushed with fever all over at his words. I wanted to say something in reply - I really did - but him saying that he admired me...it made me way too flustered to even give a one-word response.

"Although, I have to admit..." Harry began, "talking about this has made me rather curious about the teenaged Leah."

I immediately sighed softly in relief - thankful that I'd been given a bit more time to recover from what he'd just said.

"Oh," I chuckled nervously, "trust me, Harry - you don't want to hear any of those stories. They might make you wanna throw me out of your car as soon as I tell them."

"Hey, who hasn't made mistakes as a teenager?" Harry asked me with a chuckle, "I won't judge you for anything, Leah - I'm genuinely intrigued about what you were like. Were you 'popular'?" He made quotation marks in the air with a free hand.