Chapter 1: Beach City

Y/n awoke from their peaceful nap with a jolt, taking a deep breath as they examined their surroundings. Nothing in the area looked like the train they were sitting on previously. It looked like the landscape was only composed of pink clouds with pink mountains in the background. Carefully, Y/n put one foot forward to test the ground, to their surprise, the cloud acted as a solid surface, keeping them up.

"Y/n, I'm so glad you're here," A calm, feminine voice stated from behind. Y/n quickly spun around to meet the owner of the voice; it was a tall woman, at least 8 feet tall, her long hair was pink, with a few complex curls over her shoulders, she wore a white and pink dress with some kind of gemstone in the center, a star surrounding it, "Don't be alarmed, you are safe, fast asleep on the train. My name is Rose Quartz, you're heading to Beach City, correct?"

"Uh," Y/n fidgeted with their hands, "I'm stopping in Empire City, then taking a bus to Beach City, yes,"

"You have quite the year ahead of you, My little Y/n," Rose Quartz told, "You'll go on such amazing adventures, make wonderful bonds with the populace, including my old friends," Rose Quartz chuckled a bit as she moved forward and took Y/n's hands in hers, "You'll even meet my son. You two will get along very well. He should be meeting us here very soon," Rose Quartz gently moved her thumbs over the top of

"Where is here, exactly?" Y/n asked sheepishly

"Don't worry about that, you are in between your human mind and reality, a place only we can exist in," Rose Quartz told. Just as she finished her a sentence a light sound chimed as a pillar of light appeared. "Oh! There's my Steven," Rose Quartz smiled with glee, "Steven! Over here, please," She beckoned him

"Mom? Wh-what's going on?" The kid asked, his hair was black and bushy, he was wearing flip-flops, a red shirt with a yellow star, and cut-off jeans

"This is Y/n," Rose Quartz introduced, "Y/n this is Steven. They will be moving to Beach City very soon, I expect you to look after them,"

"I didn't hear anything about a Y/n moving into town," Steven frowned, "Wait, look after them? They're like... uh, a lot older than me!"

"That doesn't mean you can't look out for them, help them get settled," Rose Quartz told, "You'll do that for me, won't you, Steven?"

"I- I will, mom! I'll do it!" Steven cheered, "We're gonna have a lot of fun, Y/n!"

"Yes, you two will," Rose Quartz giggled, "Ah, My little Y/n... There's so much more I want to say to you, but it's time for you to awake; you're almost at your stop. We will meet again, then I will explain all,"

-----

"Now entering Empire City, now entering Empire City Station," A voice chimed over the train intercom.

Y/n wiped their eyes and blinked a few times, getting their vision back into focus. Y/n glanced at their watch, seeing the time as 8:30 AM. Y/n stood and stretched, trying to wake their muscles up from the six-hour train ride and get them ready for a two hour bus ride to Beach City, "Alright, get over here," Y/n mumbled as they stretched up to the overhead compartment, grabbing their small duffel bag and bringing it down to their lap as they sat again. Y/n looked out of the train window to see the amazing sight of Empire City, they leaned back in their chair and scoffed, thinking to them-self, "Why couldn't I be moved here," The train came to a stop and the doors opened, Y/n sighed as they grabbed their bag and walked off the train, shielding their eyes from the sun as they made their way outside of the train station. Y/n pulled out their phone and opened the navigation app.