33. Did You Miss Me?

“Remember the rules guys, if you need something we all have our cell phones turned on and up. Now let's have some fun!” Zayn was saying when we approached the group. Cat gave us our tickets and we split up onto two groups, me, Niall, Sandy, Josh and Harry in one group. Liam, Cat, Louis, Dan, Zayn and Jon in the other. I waited for the others to finnish making sure we had everyone's numbers and sat down on a bench letting the warm February sun soak my skin. 

I looked around watching people as they walked by. I noticed after a while a couple kept staring at me, or the others, I couldn’t tell, but what I did know is that the man was thickly built and had a ball cap over his brown hair and glasses over his eyes. The woman was thin with brown hair that fell to her shoulders. Her skin was dark as if she spent a lot of time tanning. I didn’t know why, but I felt threatened. I stood and walked back to the others, standing close to Niall and Liam, keeping an eye on the strange couple. 

“Audrey!” Paul said almost shouting my name, I tore my eyes off the strange couple with a jerk.

“What? Sorry, I wasn't paying attention.” I said training my attention on him, Paul shook his head at me and continued speaking.

“If you break off from your groups, or switch groups call me and tell me. Yes, good? Now go and have fun!” We ran of with a little shout, each group going in a different direction. 

“Let's go on that!” Josh shouted, pointing to a huge twisty roller coaster. I gulped as I watched the cars fly by, the people inside screaming loudly. 

“Any one want to stay back?” Sandy asked, no one said anything so I decided to try it out. 

“You ready for this?” Niall asked me as we lined up, I smiled a nervous smile.

“Dunno, I’ve never ridden a roller coaster before.” I said, 

“I thought you said you came here once with your Mum and Dad?” Niall said, a bit confused.

“I did, but I was to short to ride any of the big rides.” I said, with an embarrassed smile, Niall just laughed. We waited, the line slowly inching forwards as each car of screaming people zoomed by. I was shaking with fear and excitement as I climbed into the seat, Niall climbing in beside me, pulling the huge bulky harnesses into place.

“Are you excited?” Niall asked as we took off, slowly climbing the huge upwards climb. I whimpered as I looked down, the whole of California spreading out below me.

“A little,” I answered, Niall leaned forwards against his harness trying to get a better look, I gasped.

“Niall, don’t do that!” I shouted, Niall gave me a look like 'I’ll be fine'. The train of cars came to the top of the drop, the hazy clouds looking two feet away. 

“This is actually pretty up here.” I said, but before the words where fully out of my mouth the train flew down the track at break neck speed. My stomach dropped and a scream flew from my lungs as we zoomed closer to the ground, Niall had his arms up in the air, laughing as the wind whipped his hair and clothes. I shut my eyes tight, just as we where about to hit the ground, but I felt my stomach drop again as we shot up, the sound of rails clattering and Niall, Sandy, and Harry laughing and screaming filled my ears. I opened my eyes and the world spun before me as we rounded a corner. Adrenaline pumped through me, the feeling of my hair and the wind whipping around my face and the sudden drops of my stomach became... fun. I enjoyed it. Niall looked over at me, a huge smile on his face, I smiled back, thrusting my hands in the air. We screamed together, Niall laughing and both of us pushing our hands higher in the air. The ride soon ended and we arrived back at the beginning, the harnesses snapping up with a hiss.