6.

I see some of you are kind of confused by people who are related. So, I am about to clear it up. It's alot, I know.

(Valentine's/King's)
Roman-Khalil-Augustus-Adrian-Sophie-Khari, Jr-Miyah(first cousins)
Mara(Makayla's daughter/their second cousin)

(Ingram's/Cartier's)
Adrian-Augustus-Amir Jr-Jamila-Sir Chase-Saint Zeke-Storm-Sunshine(first cousins)
Nia is a cousin by marriage.

I hope that helped 😕

I'll add flashbacks here and there. Excuse any mistakes.

Miami, Florida
10 Years Ago
Zeke and Naomi's wedding

"So whether this heart beats another day or another hundred years—it is yours."

Zeke Ingram

8 month year old Jamila sat in Naomi's lap while her hairstylist made sure that her hair looked up to par. She was singing a low tune for Jamila which calmed her down. It was a lot going on so Jamila was kind of erratic.

     You would think that she would be happy on her wedding day. But, all she could think about was the judge slapping a 15 year sentence down on her little brother, Messiah.

He was supposed to be here, celebrating with her on her big day.

       Jamila was speaking in baby language causing her to snap out of her trance. She smiled down at Jamila and Jamila cheesed, showing the two teeth that was trying to grow in.

"What are you talking about?" Naomi asked in her baby voice. "Mm?"

     Jamila said something, but obviously Naomi couldn't understand what she was saying. But, she played along.

"I know right. I'm hungry, too."

         Naomi was dressed in an all white backless wedding dress, lace style. The dress complemented her skin well. It had a deep v-neck cut traveling down the middle.

It was a simple dress, but elegant which went with the theme of the wedding. Her hair was in a sleek bun and diamonds occupied her ears and neck.

       It was a beautiful spring afternoon. It was the kind of weather that feels like a kiss of summer without the damaging heat in August. The grass was a soft green, and the water that surrounded the mansion was a sky blue.

The day was perfect.

       Remy, Rayne, and a couple of her line sisters reappeared in her room, smiling at how beautiful she was.

"Girl, I'm about to cry." Rayne said, dabbing the corner of her eyes.

         "Please don't." Naomi shook her head. "I don't need to ruin my makeup."

"Aww, baby you look so beautiful." Remy cooed, hugging her from behind.

    "Thank you. So are y'all." She looked at the blush colored dresses. "I did good."