Chapter 5

"How's the pizza, Reggae?" Dinah asked, leaning her head back to look up to the couch where Lauren sat with Reagan curled on her lap, a plate of pizza in her hand as the girl ate.

The group had decided to bunker down and watch a movie after dinner, the film getting half an hour in before Reagan came down looking for her mommy. They paused the film and heated up a slice of cheese pizza before returning to the living room.

"Good," The girl replied, sleepily eating the slice. "I'm full," She told Lauren when she was only finished half the pizza.

"You've got to eat a little more, babe," Lauren said, stroking the blonde mess of hair.

"My chest still hurts," Reagan moaned. Eric shot a glare Lauren's way. No one noticed, but the woman knew he was mad at the disturbance.

Silently, Lauren got up from her spot on the couch and stepped over Dinah's body on the floor, venturing back into the kitchen where she put the plate by the sink edge and readjusted Reagan in her arms. She moved them towards the freezer and opened the door, allowing the cold air to hit them as she got them settled in the spot.

The cool air helped with the chest ache. It was a trick Lauren heard about from her mom.

"Is this better?" Lauren asked, wrapping her sweater around Reagan's arms to keep her body warm.

"Smells cold," Reagan said.

Lauren laughed and crinkled her nose. "How can something smell cold, silly?"

"It makes my nose tingle," Reagan explained, placing her head right on Lauren's chest. They stayed in that position for five minutes before Lauren felt bad for Ally's frozen food and shut the door.

"Sit here, I'm going to clean your dish," Lauren said, trying to place Reagan on the counter.

"No," The girl protested, not wanting to let go. Her mom sighed and turned around, motioning for her to get on her back.

"Hold tight," The brunette said, smiling when a head came onto her shoulder. She went towards the sink and put the pizza slice into the garbage before using the sponge to clean the grease off the plate.

"Bubbles," Reagan said in her sleepy tone, earning a laugh from Lauren.

"Yes, cubby. Bubbles." She agreed, rinsing off the dish before moving it to the drying rack where all their plates sat. "Let's go say goodnight to everyone, yeah?" A nod was received from the girl. Lauren readjusted her on her back and moved back to the living room. Ally paused the movie when they entered.

"Hey guys, we're going to bed now. Reagan just wanted to say goodnight," Lauren allowed the girl off her back and watched as she went to hug Dinah first, placing a kiss on her check before clumsily climbing onto the couch next to Normani and doing the same. Ally scooped her up soon afterward and allowed Devon to kiss the girl's cheek before Reagan moved to the last couple.

"G'night," She said sleepily, waving to Camila and Eric.

"Goodnight, wild thing," Camila said, feeling sad that she wasn't going to get a hug but knowing she had to build a relationship with the girl first. Eric stayed silent, making his girlfriend elbow him.

"Night," He said, nodding his head before Reagan was pulled up into the arms of her mother.

"Thanks for the pizza, Al and Dev," Lauren called out as she went towards the stairs.

"Goodnight!" Dinah cried, poking Ally with her foot so she would turn the movie back on.

Lauren made it to the top of the stairs and continued onto the bathroom where she promptly washed her face, brushed her teeth, and assisted Reagan in brushing her back teeth because she only knew how to do the front.

"We going to the water again tomorrow?" Reagan asked as she walked with her mom to the bed.

"Maybe, cubby. Depends on how you feel," Lauren said, handing her daughter the tiger cub and moving back the bed sheets.

"Can we sing?" Reagan asked, getting onto the bed and sitting cross-legged.

"Sure. What do you want to sing tonight?" The brunette asked, mimicking the girl's pose. Soon Reagan was crawling into her lap like she would every night.

"Twinkle Twinkle!" Reagan said, gently pulling at Lauren's sun necklace. Lauren smiled at the action and hummed the beginning, starting the song in her gentle voice.

"Twinkle, twinkle, little star,

How I wonder what you are," Reagan joined her as her fingers still fumbled with the necklace charm.

"Up above the world so high,

like a diamond in the sky.

Twinkle, twinkle, little star,

How I wonder what you are."

"I wish it was longer," Reagan said, allowing herself to be laid down before she snuggled close to Lauren on the bed.

"So do I, cubby," The brunette agreed, stroking her thumb over Reagan's forehead, a trick she's used ever since the girl was born to ease her back to sleep.

"Did the person who wrote the song liked stars?" Lauren laughed at the absurd question, knowing it was Reagan's way of avoiding sleep.

"Not as much as you do," Lauren said, her fingers not stopping the rhythmic strokes.

"Am I a star?"

"The brightest in all the galaxy," The mother promised.

"Wow," Reagan said in wonderment, satisfied with the answers she'd received. The little one started humming 'Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star' again, Lauren joining until Reagan dozed off and she was left with only her sound in the room.