105 - Overbearing Empress VS Overbearing Prince

"What are you doing during the day?"

"Ruyi reads"

"Read? You should not read anything inappropriate"

"Your Majesty, none of my Wang Fei's books are inappropriate"

"Then what books are she reading?"

"What kind of literature does Her Majesty thinks my Wang Fei reads? Regardless of what Her Majesty thinks of my Wang Fei, Ruyi is well educated"

"Do not assume what this Empress thinks, Prince Jian. I'm simply giving your Wang Fei caution. It's crucial during this time of the pregnancy. Everything the mother does will impact the baby. If she reads poor literature, the baby will be influenced. Even looking at the wrong color or painting could be bad influence"

"Her Majesty should not assume this Prince's estate is filled with bad color and literature. Everything Ruyi touches and sees are equivalent to any royal palace"

"And how could I know that for sure? You allowed none of my people near your estate. You accepted none of the gifts I've sent. For all I know, your estate is filled with inappropriate things for a pregnant woman"

"Her Majesty should understand why Wu Jian takes caution to people outside of this Prince's estate."

"Again, you speak as if this Empress is the enemy"

"Your Majesty should not take offense. Wu Jian trust no one"

"You_"

"My Wang Fei is at the most vulnerable state and Wu Jian cannot take any chances"

"Prince Jian, do you even put this Empress in your eyes?"

"Forgive this Wu Jian. His eyes must remain on his Wang Fei"

"I'm your grandmother. Have you forgotten that fact? Have you forgotten who raised you?"

"Wu Jian has not forgotten. But this matter is irrelevant"

"Irrelevant? For you to not trust your family shows your lack of value."

"Then Wu Jian accepts not having value in exchange for his Wang Fei and child's safety"

"If you find the palace so hazardous, why did you come here? Take your precious Wang Fei and leave!"

"Then Wu Jian and his Wang Fei will take our leave"