106 - Exchanged Poetry

"Jian..."

I did not stand when the Prince took hold of my hand. Seeing how he interacted with the Empress concerns me. Even though the Prince was worried for me, he shouldn't be harsh to his grandmother.

"Your majesty" I pulled my hand gently out of the Prince's grip. "Ruyi have been reading Fu Chun's Poetry and stories written by Sang Gu. If her Majesty doesn't think Ruyi should read those things, Ruyi does not mind reading something else..."

The silence made me feel awkward. It was the first time I spoke so much, therefore, everyone was probably startled.

"Fu Chun?" Emperor Huizhong smiled. "Princess Quan Yi likes Fu Chun poetry?"

I nodded.

"Fu Chun has written four books, which one is your favorite?"

"The third..."

"Oh, interesting. The third focused mainly on landscape. Why not the first or fourth?"

The first and the fourth books were mainly on human interactions and emotions. The second book focused a lot of reflection of mankind.

"It's easier to understand nature..."

It's difficult to understand human.

The sun hits the mountains

The mountains stand unshaken

The moon hits the mountains

The mountains remain unshaken

The rain hits the mountains

The mountains shaken

And transform into Valleys

Emperor Huizhong recited one of the poems with a smile on his face. I responded one in kind.

The rain touched the bud

The bud stand unbloomed

The moon touched the bud

The bud remain unbloomed

The sun touched the bud

The bud bloomed

And blossom into Flowers

When the Emperor laughed and clapped his hand, I couldn't help but blush.

"Princess Quan Yi is indeed educated"

The Crown Prince complimented while Prince Wu Jian placed his warm palm against my cheek. Seeing his quiet expression, I leaned into his palm.

"Empress Mother loves poetry" The Crown Princess smiled at the Empress. "Why not we take this opportunity to have a meal in the Plum Garden and exchange poetry?"

"Yes" The Crown Prince added. "It's a beautiful day for such occasion. What do you say Empress Mother?"

I noticed the Empress' eyes on me and felt nervous.

"The Plum Garden is too windy. We will have the meal at Lotus Garden"

I was relieved that the intense atmosphere disappeared. At least, the Empress and the Prince were not upset anymore.