#15: P.E. is The Devil's Spawn...

There are only ever two types of people during P.E. The ahtletic, and non-athletic. Not much guessing is needed to know which category I fall under. But if anyone guessed non-athletic, then they're a hundred percent correct.

And that is why I was jogging at the back of the pack, sweating in non-mentionable places and pushing my legs to finish the last lap.

"Hurry up, slow poke!" Charlie shouts as she runs past me, and I groaned.

While Charlie didn't play any sports, the girl was full of energy, and she had no qualms with running. She loved it. Hell, she even got into several running matches against some of the football players in our P.E. class -- all of which she completely dominated.

"Saint!" Our P.E. teacher blew on his red whistle. "Stop playing around! You finished your laps three rounds ago!"

"But I can still run, Mr. G!" Charlie called back since she already passed him, then with a push of her legs, she ran even faster.

"Your friend's quite the energizer bunny, huh?" A familiar voice says from right next to me.

I felt my heart beat kick up a notch as I slowly turned my head to look at my new running companion. Did I mention Leo was also in my P.E. class? Well he is, and he usually runs at the head of our little pack with his athletic friends and team mates. But now, not only was he jogging next to me, he was also talking to me! And smiling!

I opened my mouth to reply, but all that came out was a wheeze that, thankfully, he didn't hear, so I nodded and focused back on the track before me. The last thing I needed was tripping and falling on my face in front of Leonardo Bracci.

He chuckled. "Not a fan of P.E.?"

I shook my head.

He chuckled again. "Same."

That made me look back to him, the disbelief apparent on my face if his reaction was anything to go by.

"Hey, I might love football, but that doesn't mean I like P.E. It's a pain in the ass, really." He explained.

I can'r help but gawk a little. For a moment, Leonardo Bracci wasn't the school's Golden Boy. For a moment, he was just a classmate jogging next to me. Then, the moment was gone. His friends started calling for him from the front, and he sent me an apologetic smile before running off to catch up with them. As I watched his back, Charlie came jogging up to me, also watching Leo's retreating form.

"What was that?" She asked.

I looked to her and shrugged. I honestly don't know.

When I arrived home that day, a text from Leo was waiting for me.

Leo:
Thank god it's friday, huh?

Me:
I have a theory that P.E. is Satan's first born.

Leo:
I can see the family resemblance.

I still didn't know what to think of the afternoon's events.

* * *

ATTENTION: If you are reading this story on any other platform other than Wattpad you are very likely to be at risk of a malware attack. If you wish to read this story in it's original, safe, form, please go to https://www.wattpad.com/user/awkward_tumbleweed

Thank you.