Chapter 34

Cecelia

We were grown we didn't need permission from our parents to get married. After Devanté left we immediately started making plans to go to the justice of peace.

Honestly I wasn't happy about not affording the wedding but when you are heads over heels for someone that doesn't particularly matter. I know people think I'm stupid and I know my parents would not aprove of this, but they will be alright nothing is going to stop my undying love for him. Whitley came in later tonight she was tiptoeing in the door trying not to wake me up but she didn't know that I was never sleep. " whit!" I yelled excitedly. She kicked her toe into the curb of the bed releasing a swear word. " I thought you were sleep?"

She questioned in a whisper like manner. I turned on my lamp that was on the left side of the room near my bed facing Whitley side of the room while her bed was on the right. " no I wasn't sleep I was thinking, I've got so much to tell you!" My heart was racing with all the excitement I experienced today the man that I loved with all my heart wanted to commit his life to me at the prime of his life. " I know, he put it on you girl didn't he?" Whitley assumed with her facial expressions coming off as interesting like girl give me the details. " noo guess again." I sung.
" your preg-"
" oh the devil !" I said with seriousness in my voice she was laughing but I was serious. I want to have Donald's children lots of them one day but not right now.
" oh hahh." Whitley laughed.

" well I'm engagedddd." I sung to her flexing the ring. " hold on let me get my magnifying glass." She said reaching in her drawer. I stood by my drawer folding my arms giving her a look of disapproval. " kimmy I found it where are you?" She said turning around and around. " right here." I finally said raising my hand as if my teacher had asked a question. She took her magnifying glass holding my hand out searching the ring. " oh he's got okay taste but the diamond could have been a li-" " whit he did the best he could with whatever he had, you don't see your best friend complaining so don't you." I told her. Whitley came from a very wealthy and successful family full of judges and debutantes they were the picture of black excellence. Sometimes that bougie side could come out her not that anything was wrong with it but she had to understand everyone isn't as fortunate as her. " so when is the wedding?" She asked. " I can do decorations and help you pick out a dress are you a spring bride? Summer?" She started to bombard me with questions and I felt guilty.
" I- umm neither." Her face dropped.

" your one of those tacky winter brides." She gasped. Technically she is right I am getting married tomorrow and it's late November. " I'm getting married tomorrow and I need you to be a witness ." I flat out said.
" um- okay I can do that." She said now losing what excitement she had.
" it doesn't mean I'm not having a wedding, I'm not having it right now."
" you sure this is not a shot gun wedding?" She was clearly still in denial. "No it's real. I answered.

" you should get this." Whit suggested dryly. We were at Victoria secret and Whitley was gonna give me a wedding present since things were on short notice. It was a silky looking under garment with lace on the top the tag read lingerie honeymoon. I had queasy feeling in my stomach reading that name tag it was more so things were surreal than nerves. "Well can I get a bigger size?" I asked the lady in the store. "Sure what size?" The white elderly lady asked. " large please." She glared at me. " we don't have large around here." A attitude was evident in her tone as if she was agitated with me.

" how about extra large?" I asked trying my best to maintain what manners I have left. She sighed getting her keys going to the backroom which was the storage. " and what's her problem?" Whit whispered in my ear.

" I don't know maybe it's not her day. " I sighed. She came back out with the set placing it on the marble counter. " $45.84 please." She said in a bland tone. Whit swiped her card and had to ask for it to be put in a bag. We grabbed our things and started heading out when a Young Caucasian female walked in the store. The sales lady immediately rushed to her Asking her if she would like help with anything and if she wanted a coupon book. Me and whit both scoffed at the clear favoritism she had shown to that one customer who could have been 14 but you know some white people age in dog years no offense. " that my friend was racism." Whitley informed us on something we all knew to well.

Later
I was in the bathroom trying on the set I got from the store. I must say it was not all that comfortable but I'm doing this for him. I did look good in it though. I posed in the mirror standing on my tippy toes so I could get a better look and feel of what I would be like. I heard a knock at the door " I'm busy." I yelled stripping out of my clothes putting night clothes. The person opened the door stepping in and I screamed. " I can see that." The voice was too familiar. " how did you get in here? Whit said you were in here." He shrugged nonchalantly. " De you could have waited until I got out, and I thought you were staying at that hotel downtown?" I asked changing the subject.

He looked me up and down being on the verge of laughter. " it's nothing I have not seen before" " get out!" I screamed he was not about to ruin the surprise I planned for him on our wedding. " woah baby I didn't mean to-" I shut him out the door putting the rest of my night clothes on. Covering up the lingerie we had got from the store. I came out the bathroom now fully dressed in my night attire. " are we still getting married?" He asked me with a look of confusion on his face. " yeah why would you ask that?" Oh I see I hurt his little light skin feelings. " nothing you just sounded upset." " oh. No baby I just wanted my privacy." I explained chuckling. " see you tomorrow 8:00 am sharp!" He said kissing me on the cheek. " yes sharp!" I squealed.
I love this man

Update//