22

It's been nearly a month since Eleanor's trip to California. She just finished a photoshoot a little while ago and now she has the rest of the afternoon to herself. She unlocks her phone and smiles as she sees a DM from Louis.

LouisTomlinson:

Remind me why I still tour?

Eleanor hates the bubbly feelings she gets when she reads Louis' name. She still isn't over him completely and she feels terrible about it. It's obvious that Louis and Harry are made to be together, and Louis looks so happy with him. Eleanor feels bad even thinking about Louis.

Eleanor92:

Because the fans are amazing?! Tour's almost over though so that's good.

LouisTomlinson:

Can't wait to be home for good. Miss my boy.

Eleanor's stomach drops. When she talks to Louis she forgets that they aren't together anymore. He doesn't love her anymore, and she wishes he could say the same for herself. Eleanor finds it pathetic of her to still have feelings for Louis, but she can't erase everything from her mind as easily as Louis has.

Eleanor92:

Should I tweet something to get the fans going?

LouisTomlinson:

Sure.

@Eleanor92 tweeted:

Just remembered how lucky I am to have @LouisTomlinson! Best friend and boyfriend.

Reply 1.9K retweets 6.6K likes

Immediately, Eleanor's phone buzzes as her tweet is flooded with likes and replies. She knows she shouldn't go through the replies. Eleanor knows that Zouis accounts follow her and comment about how fake or real everything looks.

@LouisGayAss replied to @Eleanor92 tweet:

Does Louis know that?

Reply 87 retweets 198 likes

Eleanor frowns, immediately regretting this decision. She scrolls a while longer as the comments continue to flow in. Most of the comments are about Zouis. She notices the fights already starting about it all. If only they knew.

@Harry_Styles replied to @Eleanor92 tweet:

You guys are so cute #couplegoals

Reply 3.2K retweets 5.4K likes

Eleanor hates how amazing Harry is. He's one of the sweetest people Eleanor knows. Harry asks Eleanor all the time if she's sure she's okay with Harry dating Louis. Both know that Harry doesn't need to ask Eleanor's permission, but he does it anyway.

She also appreciates Harry changing his account. Eleanor knows that he didn't do it because of her, but she appreciates the gesture. He changed his username from DefendingLouis to Harry_Styles a while ago on all of his social medias. He deleted all his pictures from Instagram and anything relating to Zouis on his Twitter.

Eleanor can feel herself starting to get a little upset. She doesn't care about people commenting 'Zouis' or calling her names. The comments that really hurt her are the ones that tell her that Louis' never liked her, even as a friend. Eleanor knows it's just a comment and that the commenters don't know anything about them, but it rubs her the wrong way.

Eleanor shrugs the comment off and keeps scrolling. She stops as she sees Louis' comment.

@LouisTomlinson replied to @Eleanor92 tweet:

I'm the luckiest guy! Love you, El

Reply 494K retweets 820K likes

Eleanor wants to smile. She wants to be happy that she at least gets to pretend to date the boy she loves, but she's not happy. She feels herself wanting to break down again. She feels guilty even thinking about it. Eleanor signed up for this herself. She's supposed to be strong for Louis, but she wants to cry.

She lets the tears start to fall down her cheeks. She hates herself. Why did she have to fall in love with him? How could she not have noticed anything before? She must've known that something was different about Louis. Had he even loved her to begin with? She remembers the comments and everyone saying how much Louis hates her. He probably did hate her. Eleanor wouldn't be surprised anymore.

Eleanor scrambles for her phone and goes through her contacts. She needs to talk to someone. She needs to talk out her feelings and get her emotions out there. Eleanor scrolls through her contacts until she finds the person she's looking for.

"Hello," Eleanor finds a smile making its way across her face as the person' voice washes over her.

Sophia and Eleanor have been friends forever. Being the only two people that understand each other's struggles brings the two together. Zayn's fiancé, Perrie, is close to them too, but she's a famous singer as well and is doing her own stuff a lot of the time.

They call each other loads when the band's on tour. Eleanor can't even begin to keep track of how many times they've hung out purely because they missed their boyfriends. The pair can trust each other with their secrets and have become the best of friends through it all.

"Hey Sophia," Eleanor mumbles. She hears muffled noises in the back as Sophia moves somewhere more silent.

"Have you been crying? I can hear it in your voice," Sophia questions. Eleanor wipes at her eyes pathetically. Sophia has been one of her best friends through all this. It's hard to keep anything from Sophia anymore. No secret is a secret between the two, it's just not how they work. Louis' secret, however, isn't hers to tell. She wants to tell Sophia about it and how she's been dealing, but she isn't her place to out Louis.

"Yeah. I just wanted to have a little chat. Just miss Louis is all," Eleanor sighs. She can hear Sophia's soft sigh from the other end of the line.

"I saw your post and figured that's what the problem was. I miss Liam too. I can't wait for them to come home! Only a couple more days," Sophia reassures her. Eleanor wishes that missing Louis would be her only problem.

"For sure. How're things with you," Eleanor asks.

"Alright, I guess. I've been seeing a new girl lately. She's a lot of fun, but she's no Liam," Sophia sighs.

Eleanor only learned a couple of months ago that Sophia and Liam's relationship is open. It took quite a few explanations from Sophia for Eleanor to fully understand it all, but she's supported of them nonetheless. Sophia says that it helps both of them go months without seeing each other.

"Well, I don't want to hold you up. I just needed someone to distract me for a little bit," Eleanor says. Sophia laughs on the other end of the line.

"No problem, Ellie, I love being a healthy distraction. Hope you feel better," Sophia says. She makes a kissy noise and hangs up. Eleanor sighs loudly, feeling lonelier than ever. 

~_~_~

Hey guys! Sorry about the late update. I live in Texas and this hurricane mess is screwing with my wifi. It's taken ages trying to load and save this part. Anyway, why do you think Zayn is such an asshole? Leave a comment! Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed! ~B