18 - What the Hell

Vampire Mates
Chapter 18 – What the Hell

Principle Morgenstern was someone that I never would imagine as ‘fun’ or ‘lenient’. Honestly, I had never seen him before. I don’t think anyone did, anyways, other than Ms. Gold, our V.P., who we often refer at the headmistress since Morgenstern was never here.

I’ve seen him in pictures. There are literally hundreds of pictures of him in the teacher’s longue, but every single one of them was those professional, strict pictures. You know, the ones where you dress up in a tux, make your hair all slick and gelled back.

Yeah, one of those pictures.

So, obviously, no one – not even Ms. Gold, I’d guess – expected him to show up in a lei on his shaggy, tousled and haven’t-cut-my-hair-in-years hair, and a straw skirt, not to mention shirtless.

And, no, he does not have a good body. He’s one of those old, beer-belly and hairy guys.

It was disgusting, no offence to other old beer-belly and hair guys out there.

Lily, however, found the situation funny.

“He’s cute,” She giggled beside me. Dana and I shared a look. Demetri, who sat on Dana’s left and Lily’s right, looked at the girl, amused. Alex and Greyson had oddly moved to the seat two rows behind us to ‘talk’. I guess it was about their relationship, but Greyson looked like he was moody and in pain.

“Please,” Dana said as Principle Morgenstern hobbled onto the stage after his little outburst during the middle of assembly. V.P. Gold awkwardly helped him onto the stage. “He is a disgusting as my old gardener who would always show up shirtless and in boxers.”

Lily cracked up. “That’s funny,” She stated.

Here’s what happened. We were all peacefully having the same old boring Monday assembly, with Ms. Gold droning on and on about how great it was to have everyone back at school. That was when suddenly the exit doors burst open only to reveal a panting Principle Morgenstern, his straw skirt almost falling almost showing his I don’t want to go there.

“Woo,” he had yelled as he threw leis around the room. “That’s right everyone, I’m Principle Morgy and this is my beat! Have some leis, everyone!”

And that was what resulted into Lily wearing the stupid lei that had magically ended up on her head, giggling like a mad woman as ‘Principle Morgy’ walked onto the stage, tugging onto his straw skirt once in a while. I mean, dude, please, at least wear something underneath the translucent skirt. And this isn’t Scotland. You’re not supposed to be wearing a skirt anyways.

“Hello,” Morgy – yes, we shall be on a first name basis now – said through the mike before tap-tapping it, making a loud static ring through the room. He laughed. “Sorry about that everybody!”

“So, I’m back from my 4 year trip to Hawaii because I heard something special is going on here,” Morgy began as he propped his arm onto the podium. “Well, there is a new kid here, no? Demeter, was it? No, no, it was Demetrius… no, no… Demetri, yes! Demetri, stand up please.”

Demetri had tensed beside Lily. He stood up hesitantly. Morgy’s eyes flashed in an emotion that I couldn’t decipher. A second after that, the look was gone. He became ‘cheerful, fun and Hawaiian’ Morgy again.
“Okay. Demetri, I would appreciate if you would come to my office later so we could just chat.” Upon the weird looks everyone was giving him, he sighed. “Demetri is from my hometown. Dah, dah, everyone; I just want to know him better.”

Lily frowned beside me. “How does he know where Demetri is from?” She asked. Dana rolled her eyes as she pulled out her compact mirror from her bag and touched up her smudged bright red lip gloss. Pff, she’ll never change, that beauty queen she is.

“He’s the Principle, of course he would know,” Dana stated before Demetri sat down. “Where are you from Demetri?”

“Um, a city called Huntington, somewhere in UK,” Demetri said.

“So that’s where you’ve got there special accent of yours, huh?” Dana giggled flirtatiously. I rolled my eyes. Yeah right; his accent was mild like a British who was born in England and stayed for a year before moving on. “It’s… gobsmacking.”

Yeah, let Dana use the fact that she had a British nanny to flirt with Demetri.

Lily shifted uncomfortably beside Demetri. “How long have you stayed in UK?” She asked. “Huntington is near York, right?”

“Yes,” he bobbed his head, smiling at Lily. “I’ve stayed in the Kingdoms for about 8 years of my life before I travelled to Spain for a year, then to here, the States.”

I frowned slightly. He always seemed so close off, like he didn’t want to tell us any clue about him and his background. But towards Lily he was open and somehow sweet and caring. That made me jealous. Not because Demetri likes Lily but because Lily has a person who cares for her. It was odd too, how Demetri would kind of shut us out but let Lily in. Not that I can blame him; Lily is the type where you can trust in. And I guess it was something to do with Demetri having that crush over her.