Chapter 10

• Dedicated to My Mom :)

Chapter 10

Ariel Angelo

"So is there maybe a quiet restaurant or café nearby we could talk in?" I asked.

"There's the Regency Café!" Ali suggested, happily. I could tell her happiness would get on my nerves quickly.

"Uh actually I d-don't think o-our parents-s want us t-talking to strangers-s. We s-should go." Alex said, nervously.

"But I want One Direction's squiggles!" Ali protested, pouting. She widened her eyes too making her look like a kicked puppy or something.

"O-okay fine-e." he caved. Geez, this kid has as much willpower as a blood deprived vampire.

"Lead the way guys." I told them.

 * * *

We arrived at the Regency Café. The whole way here Alex kept wearily glancing at us like we were animals about to attack.

 I am definitely not an animal. But I can't speak for Caelum. I mean the guy used to be able to turn into a wolf and now he's like a dragon hybrid so yeah I guess he's an animal.

Which means you like an animal, my not-so-helpful conscience reminded me.

Did I like like him? I mean sure he's insanely good looking and the I-can-turn-into-a-dragon thing is kind of a turn on, but is it just a physical attraction?

Yeah, I think that was it. It's just physical. Think about it, I only tried to kiss him when he looked really good under the moonlight. I only think about his hotness when he smiles or something along those lines. If his voice hadn't been so sexy I probably wouldn't have been affected by him at all (remember when I shivered when he talked?). So yeah, I don't really like him. I just like his looks...and voice...and ability to turn into a dragon.

Why am I even thinking about this in the first place? He's gay! I seriously need to get that through my head.

We entered the café and the little bells above the door jingled, but they could barely be heard above all the noise, I was only able to hear it because I have super hearing. The café was packed and people were crammed together. So much for a quiet place . . .

The walls were a Christmas red and the floors were a warm pecan. Wooden tables were scattered around, all taken. The walls had paintings of families and children (and as much as I don't like to admit it seeing those paintings of happy family's made me feel lonelier and empty than ever.)

This place just screamed cozy - which I hated.

And if there hadn't been a million people crowding the place it would have been even cozier.

"I thought you were going to take us to a quiet place?" Caelum asked Ali, practically shouting to be heard over all the people chattering away.

Ali swooned at his voice. Literally swooned.

She giggled, "Well nowhere is really quiet in this part of town! But I can take you somewhere else if you want."

He smiled slightly and Ali looked a little light-headed, "That would be great, Alexandra." then he lifted her hand and pressed his lips to the top of it.

Whoa, whoa, whoa! Back the fuck up!

He just kissed her hand! My crush, ahem I meant my crush which I am only physically attracted to, just kissed that blonde bimbos hand!