C H A P T E R 7

"Aiylaaaa..." my name sung out. It was around maghrib time (evening) and here I was working on some papers, and studying for my exam. I turned my head around and I was... just so... shocked.

"Oh My God" I gasped, my hands clasped my mouth. As soon as my head registered who stood right before my door, I ran towards her and engulfed her in a big hug. "H – How are you, Yusra?" at this moment my mind was all over the place, I had no idea what she was doing her, without thinking I dragged her towards my bed and we both sat down. She had that marriage glow, which almost every bride does after their marriage.

Yusra, is my best friend, we've known each other since we were just a year old and since then our friendship is inseparable. We are more the bff's if that even is possible? She was everything to me, and I was everything to her. A year ago she got a proposal from this guy who lived all the way in Canada. At first when we saw his picture, we both looked at each other in that 'okay-this-is-definitely-not-happening' face. I mean he wasn't ugly, but he wasn't he even that cute, he was just okay. Then weeks had past of Yusra's parents talking to her, convincing her in a respectful manner, Yusra was obliged to meet him this time, she heard too many good things about him, so she made loads of Dua and said yes to meeting him. Apparently he was very rich! Has a pHd, travels everywhere, very kind and loves kids. When meeting the girl side of the family, Yusra was shook! I tell you, SHOOK at how chill they were, the mom didn't care about anything, no offence, which got Yusra's mom thinking how weird they are. They go to the movies, went out and what not. Just so chill, we never met anyone like that.  

The dad, though oh god, he couldn't stop talking – for a moment Yusra's dad was about to fall asleep. He was annoyed that day, because of what he saw on his side, and wasn't sure whether to agree or not.

Let's just say maybe first proposals aren't always the one for everyone, especially if you mess up, and show a whole other side of you to guy. After having the odd conversations with him, she couldn't stop thinking of how much she wished to re-wind and redo it again. Not that she had any plans of agreeing it in the first place.

He was almost perfect, the only problem is he didn't want her to work. He didn't mind that she studied, but he wanted her to just be there, and for the family.

At first she was furious about it, until, she realized how one of his value in marriage was "compromising" which meant that, it could be further discussed later. No one is ever going to get some one perfect.

However, he didn't give a response - we all assumed he said no, until a few weeks later when they finally received a call agreeing. Now it was Yusra's time to think, after with a lot of prayers, dua, and istikhara she left it up to Allah (swt), now here she is in my room, looking absolutely beautiful.

I missed you" she pouted hugging me tightly.

"Me tooo, me toooo"

"So, guess what" she squealed. Her face filled with redness around her, radiating excitement. You might have though Zayna was my best friend, ofcourse she is, we can have more than one best friend. However Yusra is basically me, evil, crazy, weird, and someone whom I can share every single thing too. "I... Am...

"You... are

"MOVING TO LONDON" She screamed.

"LIES" I gasped in shock, I thought she had to be lying.

"Nope girl, it's all the truth" She giggled, "I am moving here inshallah, but an hour away"

"who the hell cares, atleast you are here" My eyes brimmed with tears, I engulfed her in a hug, so happy that i was able to see her.

"Haha, anyways tell me about that patient who almost died because of the bastard"

I groaned cringing at the scene, "yeah well it was very awkward, and that poor child"