F I F T Y - T W O

100 votes? thanks guys ♡︎

I rest my elbows on the fencing and play with the joint in my hands. I frown slightly as I twitch it around, unsure if I should light it up or not. I shrug.

I take my lighter out and place the blunt between my teeth and the door cracks open behind me. A light smile curls on the corners of my mouth as I lit up the tip of the joint and take a hit.

He comes up next to me and presses his forearms on the fence as well, slightly leaning over it to take a look at the sunset.

It's been two days since we've been kicked out of the house.

Two days since Ethan cut communication with us...

Two days since I've been constantly sick, especially on mornings.

I never bought a pregnancy test. I didn't think it was worth it. I know I'm pregnant. And Grayson has got to be the father since Ethan and I hooked up over 9 months ago and he was the only one, besides Grayson, who I had sex with.

"How are you feeling?" he looks down at his fingers and I take another puff.

"Okay I guess... I didn't throw up that much this morning..." I shrug and look at his large hands rubbing against each other.

"I wasn't talking about that." he chuckles softly before looking over at me. I avoid eye contact and look back down at my fingers holding the folded drug. I take a deep breath before continuing.

"It's hard, you know, to be accused like this... especially when it was an accident. I know he loved her... but I didn't expect him to kick me - or us - out without explanation." I quickly put the joint back in my mouth as soon as I finish my sentence. I close my eyes and exhale the thick smoke, not giving a single fuck about the growing human in my belly.

I'm not keeping it anyways. I'm way too young.

Grayson looks down at my stomach and turns to me, taking a step forward to carefully wrap his arms around my waist. He presses his forehead on mine and smiles softly.

"How is that little nugget doing?" he looks down at the plane of my belly and I purse my lips.

I want Grayson to be happy, I really do... and he deserves to be a father one day. Heck, I want him to be the father of my children when we grow up... but as of right now, I don't want a baby. And he does not have his word on that.

His smile fades away and he pushes his face away from mine to take a look at my serious expression.

"Hailee? Everything okay?"

I snap my head up and crack a light smile.

"Yeah uhh..." I clear my throat. "...actually about that." I pull away from our embrace and take a puff. His eyebrows fall closer to his eyes as he frowns lightly, inspecting me poisoning his child. He tries to take the joint from my fingers but I snatch my hand away and raise an eyebrow at him.

"It's going to kill it." he crosses his arms and I lower my gaze.

"Good." I mumble under my breath. He furrows his brows and leans forward, unsure of what he just heard.

"Excuse me?" he raises his voice enough to make me gulp nervously.

"I don't want to keep the baby, Grayson."

He unfolds his arms to scratch the back of his head before sliding his hand down to rub his eyes in an exhausted motion.

"What... do you mean." he sighs heavily before I throw the drug away. I dust my hands off and take a deep breath, ready to confront him.