Chapter Sixty-Four

It was mid-afternoon when Becky woke up. Someone had placed her crutches against the bedside cupboard and left a glass of water sitting on a coaster. She sat up and took a drink. As she cupped the glass in both of her hands, Becky thought about what her next step should be.

The first thing was to talk to Mr. Jarvis to find out what was happening with her father. The second would be to get the house in order. Rob said the door wouldn't lock so she'd have to pay someone to fix it. Then, how to convince the authorities to let her and Linc live there until their father came home.

Becky thought about her father. Even though she said she hated him, she knew deep down it wasn't him she hated, but rather his addiction to drugs. When he was straight, he was okay. Not loving, but Becky knew he cared about them. He had proven it to her many times over the years.

The bedroom door opened a crack. Linc popped his head in. "She's awake." He pushed the door wide. "You look better." Linc crawled up beside her and put his arm over her lap. "This bed's comfy too."

"Yeah." Becky laughed and put the glass on the cupboard, and then slid down so she could face him. "Better than our crappy beds."

"My room's blue and Rob's is green. He's got a big T.V. on his wall and can watch Netflix. He's even got an X-box. We've been playing it while you've been sleeping. He's got this great game!" Linc sat up on his knees and started waving his hands. "You have to get your man to do all these challenges and the more you win the more powers you get." As he continued to explain, the bed moved under him with each revelation. "I've only got a magic sword and some potions so far but I'm gonna keep..."

"Linc." Becky laughed. "Stop bouncing the bed. You're gonna have me on the floor soon."

"Sorry." Linc grinned. "You gotta come watch me play."

"I will but I need the loo first and I'm pretty hungry." Becky swung her legs over the edge of the bed and groaned. "I have to get this leg moving." She pulled up the hem of her dress to look at her swollen, bruised thigh.

"Rob'll get it moving. He's good at that."

"What am I good at?"

Becky looked up to see Rob leaning casually against the doorframe with a big grin on his face.

"At getting legs moving." Linc smirked. "Becky needs to get her leg working." He pointed. "Look at it. Woo... now you got one fat leg and one skinny."

Rob chuckled and stepped forward. He could see the triangle of Becky's lacy underpants. He took hold of the hem of her dress and pulled it down. "Better not do that. Your slave might rebel." He grinned and kissed her. "Are you hungry? Mum's been waiting for hours to fatten you up."

"So... hungry." Becky put her arms around his neck. "But my slave has to carry me to the toilet first."

"Nope. Not going to happen. To get this leg moving you have to use it." He unclasped her hands, took a step back, and folded his arms across his chest. "So walk, girlfriend." Rob grinned.

"But you said you were my slave. Anything I wanted I just had to ask." Becky pretended to pout. "Now you are rebelling."

"I think you must have been dreaming, Becky. There's no way I would have said that." Rob laughed and held out his hand. "Come on. Get up."

"Oo... you are such a liar." Becky beamed and watched his eyes twinkle. She took hold of his hand. He pulled her slowly to her feet, kissed her, and then propped a crutch under each arm.