Chapter Ten: Stupid Or Genius?

After checking myself in the mirror once more, I grabbed one of the older perfumes I had concocted to hide my scent and grabbed my voice modulator, for a little fun. Before, the spray was to mask most of the rouge scent on me. Now, it would mask the scent of my family and friends. I needed to use it with them to make sure it did the job. After I was sure I was covered, I scooped up my phone and laptop. Turning on the modulator, I headed downstairs.

On the way down, I ran into some pack members and they openly stared in confusion at me, cowering when I turned my eyes on them. They could sense danger on me, smell it in the air around me. The warriors stopped me at the bottom of the stairs, blocking my way to get to Jasper's office. I didn't want to hurt them so I turned off the modulator.

"Guys, it's me." I said in my own voice. Their eyes widened and I held my finger to my lips to silence them, letting them know this wasn't something to let out. They quickly nodded and went about their business. Grinning, I turned back on my voice modulator. At least I know I look and smell different enough to alert my warriors, I thought.

At Jasper's office, I didn't bother knocking, I flung the door open and strode through it. My brothers let out a growl before they could catch themselves. For a split second, they were about to attack but they stopped themselves and stared at me. Jasper sat behind his desk calmly, not even moved by my sudden entrance.

"This brings back memories." Oliver mused as I slammed the door behind me.

"I thought you always saw her as herself." Jasper glanced at him.

"He did later on. In the first few encounters I had with him, they didn't pay enough to really see me." Cory and Harper jolted at the change in my voice. The gadget I was using sent my voice through at least seven different frequencies, each of which were on completely different plains. I could change them if I needed to for different clients. "What do you guys think? You're finally meeting the Blood Wolf." I gestured to myself.

"We've already met you." Jason rolled his eyes.

"Yeah. But not like this. Come on, don't tell me you wouldn't be intimidated by me." I grinned.

"We've seen some of what you're capable of. We're intimidated by you already, without the look." Jacob replied.

"True." I shrugged casually with another grin then I looked at Jasper, turning off the modulator. "You didn't get shocked by my entrance."

"You're my mate. When you're near me, I feel it. Even if I can't smell you, I can feel the change in the air. I knew it was you at my door before you opened it." Jasper leaned back in his chair. "You know, we can do some things with that get up later." He mused suggestively through our link.

"Baby, I have so many different combinations of this get up, we could have a field day with all of them.., better yet, a field year." I replied and he let out a subtle growl.

"Do you think we wanna know?" Harper asked Oliver who was sitting close to him.

"I'm going to go with no." Oliver answered with a playful, disgusted shudder.

"Shush." I stuck my tongue out at them. "Anyway, let's send this message." I put my laptop on my lap to send the message out. "Contact made. Now, where am I set up?"

"We were thinking over on the sofa." Jason gestured to the area. I pursed my lips as I surveyed the area.

"Do you guys have a green screen by any chance?" I asked.

"Surprisingly, I think we do. We used it for a project the kids put together one year." Jasper replied and nodded at Jake to go get it.

"Where do you want it?" Jake asked when he got back.