112 - Envoy From Buxi

On the first day of Spring, seven representatives from Buxi entered Wu Xi Palace. In the name of Buxi's royal family, the envoy came with twenty-four large treasure case filled with gold and jewels for Princess Wu Ting's hand in marriage to the Crown Prince Shuang Ming.

"Your Majesty, Great Emperor of Wu Xi, if the marriage alliance is accepted, our Crown Prince will come at the end of the month to escort the Princess himself"

The envoy's statement that let everyone know the high regards they had for Princess Jin Wu Ting. For the Crown Prince to come for his bride showed his noble character.

"Good! Good!" Emperor Huizhong was pleased and smiled. "Wu Xi will wait for the honorable prince"

The Emperor then exclaimed that all Buxi representatives was to be treated as royal guests while they stay in Wu Xi.

The news quickly spread to Princess Wu Ting. As soon as she heard from her personal maid that the envoy from Buxi has arrived, Wu Ting frantically went to see the Empress. In tears, she begged the Empress to allow her to stay with her for a few more years. But Empress Wenqian encouraged her to accept the marriage and prepared for Prince Shuang Ming arrival.

"Ting, meet Prince Shuang Ming first" Empress Wenqian said gently as she wiped Wu Ting's tearful face. "Prince Shuang Ming is no less than Prince Jian"

Unable to bear more of Wu Ting's sadness, the Empress ordered the palace maids and eunuchs to escort the princess back.

"Your Majesty, please!"

Desperate, Wu Ting realized her time was limited. Soon, the Crown Prince of Buxi will come and take her away from Wu Xi. Soon, she would be far away from the person she loved most.

She have come so far - done so much to let go. Her mother's plan needed more time. She needed more time. Just a few more months before Li Ruyi and her child would be gone forever, and then she - Wu Ting, can be Prince Wu Jian's Wang Fei.

"Jian-ge!"