114 - Two Months Left

"Wang Fei, these are safe to eat"

It been another afternoon meal with the Empress and Crown Princess. Prince Wu Jian was currently in the East Field with the Emperor while they entertain the honor guests of Buxi. Because of the Prince's absent, Jumao was in charge of my well being.

"Ruyi, what do you think of the painting?"

While we were eating, several paintings were displayed in the center. The paintings were gifts from the Crown Prince of Buxi to Princess Wu Ting. Ever since the envoy from Buxi came, there wasn't a day when gifts were presented to the beautiful princess. While I admire the colorful painting, I couldn't help but noticed the lack of interest in Princess Wu Ting's expression. In fact, every time a gift was brought to other, Prince Wu Ting didn't bother to glance at them. Instead, she remain silent and cold.

"Ruyi?"

The Crown Princess voice brought my attention to her. Remembering her question, I answered truthfully. The painting was lively and colorful. It had made me curious if the country of Buxi is just as colorful. If so, I hoped that Princess Wu Ting future would be as bright as the painting.

"If Princess Quan Yi likes it so much, you can have it"

I was startled when Princess Wu Ting eyes flickered over to me. Her tone was calm but sharp like her eyes.

"Princess Ting is joking" The Crown Princess smiles seem forced.

The gift was from the Crown Prince of Buxi for her. How could she simply give it away?

"Her Highness, Ting doesn't dare to joke" Wu Ting didn't look away from me as she spoke to the Crown Princess. "Since Princess Quan Yi loves this painting, why not give it to her? Consider this my parting gift to her"

I didn't understand why there was so much malice in her as she looked at me. In front of the Empress and Crown Princess, Princess Wu Ting didn't bother to hide her emotion.

"Ruyi doesn't dare_"

"Dare or not" Madam Muyang cut in with a cold smile. "Ting-Ting has already decided to give the painting to Princess Quan Yi. Please, do not deny her last request"

The mother and daughter pair made me feel uncomfortable - so uncomfortable that my stomach begin to turn.

"Wang Fei?"

Jumao must have noticed my discomfort when she suddenly came to my side.

"Wang Fei!"

I hadn't noticed the blood dripping below my seat until Jumao cried out in horror.