Chapter 4

"Are you actually asking me this?" Lauren asks incredulously as she takes a step toward the smaller girl. She cannot believe this thought even went through her friend's mind. They are currently on their lunch break, but Lauren had insisted she'd meet Camila outside of her class to tell her what she wanted to tell her so badly. She wouldn't say it over text, so when they finally talked face to face, Lauren couldn't believe it.

Camila gulps, maybe she shouldn't have been so straightforward, all she asked was if Lauren and her sister had a thing, maybe not in those words, but still, she didn't expect her to get so worked up. She didn't think it was that bad to ask. "Well, yeah, I was curious and needed to know."

"I'm not some hormonal teenage boy, I don't try to get with every female I see, Camila. I can control myself."

"Can you?" She asks before she can even register the words coming out of her mouth.

Now she's gone a little too far. Camila visibly shrinks in size when Lauren clenches her jaw and takes yet another step in her direction. "I don't know what you mean by that, and I don't know where all of this is coming from, but I don't like that I'm being accused of this. She's your sister, she never even crossed my mind."

Lauren spits those words in a low voice and Camila doesn't think she's ever been this intimidated in her life, but she asked for it. "Okay," She breathes.

"Are you going to apologize?"

"For what?"

"Maybe for accusing me of fooling around with your younger sister?" Camila cringes at her words and looks away. Unwanted images quickly invade her mind and she closes her eyes to focus on what her friend is asking. "Did you actually think I would...?"

Lauren frowns, disappointment in her tone, disappointed in how her friend thinks so lowly of her. Camila shakes her head, "No, Lauren, I'm sorry. I didn't think you actually would do that. I kept thinking about it and I just had to ask. I'm sorry."

Lauren only nods and doesn't make an effort to hide the disappointment she's feeling. Camila hides her face in her hands before letting out a sigh, "I just asked because I think she has a crush on you...or something. I can't tell."

Lauren seems surprised by this, her eyebrows rise considerably and she opens her mouth to speak but doesn't really know what to say, "Well, um, even if she does, that doesn't mean I'd ever do anything. I hope you know that."

Camila thinks maybe she overreacted. She shouldn't have automatically assumed that Lauren would take advantage of her younger sister possibly liking her. Of course Lauren would be offended. If only she could think about things before saying them. Such a dumbass. "I know that. I'm sorry, I overreacted."

Lauren takes a deep breath, "It's okay... Let's just forget about it. We should get to lunch. Dinah and Normani are probably waiting for us."

"So, are we okay?" Camila stops Lauren in her tracks.

"Yes, Camz. Now let's go."

A breathtaking grin makes its way into Camila's lips, "I like that. It's cute," No one had ever called her that, it was either Mila or Cami, she really only liked Mila, but this was new. Nice.

"Perfect for you then," Camila doesn't know what she means by that, or maybe she does but she'd like to think that she doesn't. The smirk Lauren gives her confirms her suspicions. Flirt.

The week went by fast. Lauren and Camila had been getting closer, so had Dinah and Normani with the girl, but she spent more time with the green-eyed girl. Sometimes they would do homework together, even though Lauren never really did any, it was an excuse to hang out, Camila knew it. Camila however, needed to study more than everyone else in her class, she wasn't the sharpest tool in the box, at least she thinks so. Some things didn't make sense to her, she had started taking tutoring classes and they had been helping so far. Lauren liked to help as well, and she did. Camila's parents were strict, she couldn't disappoint, which is why she'd been working extra hard lately, and why she had freaked out over momentarily forgetting where she had put her Science book, and why she was constantly taking notes, she needed to.