Chapter Twenty-Three

(A/N There are too many people I want to dedicate to! >.< I can't choose so I'm gonna have to skip one for this chapter :( Leave comments! I wanted to give a massive thank you to _SincerelyAna for making me a load of banners and covers :3 Will be posting them with chapters so we can all admire them ~MacBeka)

It was so early. So. Early. So fucking early!

It was 8 in the morning and I couldn't get back to sleep. I was so nervous about going to Jay's later that I couldn't stop my mind racing.

I sat up, sighing. The college was open on Saturdays... Maybe I could go and get a hot shower in the changing rooms. I got up and grabbed what little wash stuff I had, putting it in a plastic bag before dropping it into my rucksack along with some tatty old towels. I got dressed quickly and left the flat, walking towards college. I shivered and curled in on myself as the morning air got to me. The sun wasn't strong enough to warm the earth yet.

Once I got into the college, I smiled at the quiet and signed in at the empty reception.

Walking through the building, I only saw other people when I passed the library. Heading to the sports centre, I went straight for the changing rooms.

They were empty too. I smiled to myself and headed to the shower cubicles.

My face fell immediately.

That was why I didn't come to shower here... The cubicles were trashed. I took a deep breath and hesitantly stepped towards the open shower area. Thankfully I'd brought my own towels. I was not letting some filthy... things touch my skin. 

I stripped and turned the shower on, waiting for it to warm up a little. I stepped underneath it once it felt warm enough. I sighed, feeling the water wash over my skin. I grabbed the shampoo I'd brought; some cheap crap from a pound store and squirted it onto my hand before starting to wash my hair.

It was kind of nice. Being able to shower - in warm water - without having to worry about how much water I used or how long I spent in the shower. 

I took my time as I washed myself slowly, somehow managing to take my mind off my afternoon. When I was done I turned the shower off and shivered before wrapping a towel around my waist and then draping a larger one around my shoulders. Pulling it round myself, I began to warm up again. I dried my hands and checked my phone, seeing a text from Jay.

I bit my lip and opened it.

Woke up early thinking of you, can't wait till later. Jay

I grinned and giggled to myself a little before starting a reply. My thumb hesitated over the buttons of the practically ancient machine. 

Then don't. Pick me up early? I typed slowly, wondering what his reaction would be. 

His reply was pretty much immediate.

Now?

My heart picked up a little as my grin widened. I thought for a few moments and started to dry myself slowly, thinking. 

Kaidan, don't leave me waiting or I'll come round there and get you right now.

I laughed a little and picked up the phone, replying quickly. 

Give me an hour? Just at college for a shower. Is there anything I need to bring?

His response had me giggling:

You could have had a shower at mine. I would have joined you ;) Just bring your sexy self and that checklist. Did you do it?

I blushed slightly, remembering what I'd gone through with that bloody checklist....

I have. I'll see you in an hour then? x

The kiss at the end was automatic and my heart practically stopped as I stared at it. His reply took longer than it had previously... I was almost panicking now. What would he think? Would he think I was in love with him? Did he think that I believed we were in a relationship?

Because I knew we weren't. I mean... we weren't. That would be silly considering the work he did and the work I was going into... He probably had so much sex he didn't want any that he wasn't getting paid for... My heart sank slowly into my stomach. Was he getting paid for doing this with me? Was that why he wanted to spend so much time with me? Was he being paid by the hour or something? It would make sense...

I sighed and started to get dressed although I only had a new pair of boxers up to my knees before the text alert went. My hands left my underwear quickly and grabbed the phone quickly, like an obsessed teenage girl...

Sorry, had to deal with the postman. Had a delivery ;) 

I bit my lip, wondering what he meant with the winky face... What was it? What it for us...? For me? Another text came through only a second later. 

See you in an hour

I grinned nervously and checked the time. 10 o'clock? Had I been in the shower for over an hour...?

"Woah..." I muttered to myself before getting dressed quickly, wanting to get home soon so I'd be there in time for him.