Chapter Twenty-one

June Apricot
        "I don't know what to say" I said as I stared at the pregnancy test slip.

      "But I....I thought people do have it" I added with my mouth hanging open.

     "Come on, it's okay guys. I'm happy you thought I had a chance, maybe it's not yet the time for me. Remember, I'm not even married" Rosie said and I felt really bad for raising her hope.

      She tested negative and it practically sucked. I really had high hopes for her, Kate pulled her into a hug and I joined too.

    We broke apart when a knock sounded on my door. I'm not expecting anyone, could it be Ivan coming to cause more trouble?

     "Come in" I said as the second knock sounded and the door opened to reveal a face that never seized to make my heart jump.

    "Uhm...I didn't know you're busy, I'll just leave" she said and I shook my head.

     "No no no, I'm not busy. Are you okay?" I asked and she looked at Kate and Rosie.

     "Oh so you want us to leave?, remember Royalty, I am your elder sister. You break my heart...don't worry, I'm gonna leave!" Kate said performing a melodrama which earned a chuckle from all of us.

   Soon, she and Rosie disappeared leaving just Royalty and I.

     "Uhm.. I was thinking....you could... Uhm....come paint with me sometime?, I'm tired of staying alone. Dad and mum aren't so much fun" she said and I laughed at the last part.

    "Of course.... Let's go to your room" I said and I saw her face lit up...she must have been so bored being the only kid among adults.. Sometimes I forget she's six and thinks she's sixteen. Whoever her mother is,she's surely missing out.

   I wouldn't give up on this heart wrenching beauty for the world,I'd fight for her with my last breath... Damn it, what am I saying.. Did I fight for Chelsea?, I just allowed my self to be kicked not thinking about the life in....

      "June, you zoned out" Rosie said tugging at my sleeve and I smiled down at her. We walked out of my room and down into where her room is.

     It was too neat, way too neat and I thought about my own room and I flinched mentally. I'm 26, she's 6....I'm twenty years older but she still manages to make me feel like I should look up to her.

     "Sorry, my room is a mess. I haven't gotten to cleaning or arranging it yet since I'm still gonna ruin it later with all the paint and all....sorry about the mess" She said and I had to fight to keep my jaw in place.

      "Uh....it's totally fine. Really" was all I could say as I sat on the sofa adjacent her bed.

     I watched her bring out her supplies and get settled, then she handed me a blue apron which I collected with a smile and muttered thank you.

     I'm on my best behaviour right now,she certainly makes me feel like I'm sitting in a conference room full of board of directors and deciding whether to fire me right on spot or not.

      "So what do you wanna paint?" I asked and her face totally lit up by maybe a million watts more. Darn, she reminds me so much of myself.

    "I was thinking why not try out the close your eyes and paint whatever comes to mind thing" she said and I grinned. I did that a lot when I was young...I can paint with my eyes closed through out. That's how talented I am.

     "Wow. Its actually so much fun....so what do you say,I'm gonna give you five minutes to gather your thoughts and focus on your inner mind, picture what you wanna draw. Then open your eyes,make a rough sketch and then try again with your two eyes closed" I gave her tips and she grinned.