1. Mr. Perfect's imperfect day

Note: The first few chapters have quiet a few leaps (about 15 years of leap). It will slow down eventually  :)

Happy reading :) :) :)

*********

At eleven:

"You can't look sexy even if you wear nothing to the party, chipmunk." Evan snickered

"Well, isn't your honesty refreshing?" I glared at him "Trust me it isn't going to take you anywhere"

"Here" he pushed his camera right under my nose "do you still want to take your time choosing a stupid dress that no one is going to give a second glance at or are you going to satisfy your inner goddess" he smirked at me

I looked down at the picture of the mouthwatering whole chicken lying compellingly on a buffet table and I knew how easy of a choice it was. "My goddess" I yelled, grabbed the first pink frock my eyes landed on and rushed to the washroom. I could hear Evan laughing his ass off in my room.

Hello, I'm Eva Taylor and that's my bestfriend Evan. Hold on, hold on, I know what you are thinking Eva? Evan? Yes fellas welcome to my not-so-creative pack. Evan and I were born on the same day in the same hospital, our parents bonded over us and thought it would be hilarious to constantly remind us of this day and hence we got named in pair.

The only good thing about it is that Evan hates it more than me so I rub it in his face. Whenever he tries to impress a girl, I wrap my arm around him and smile at the girl "Oh I see you have met Evan. Hello, I'm Eva, we were born a pair" I swear his mate will love me for this.

Coming back to today's party, its Evan's brother Liam's 16th birthday today and since he is the future alpha of our 'Bluewood' pack his mate is the one everyone's been waiting for. So once he finds his mate they can together start the training to be the next alphas of our pack although that would take another 10 years or so because apparently Liam wants to be a doctor and his father, Alpha Blake Wood, like always, approves of his intelligent and obedient son.

Yeah! I guess you smelled it already, me and Evan are both low-key jealous of him *wink* because we were neither endowed with his highness's intelligence nor his obedience. Again Evan is on the uglier side of the deal because he has to live with Liam, who we concluded was a British royal in his previous life.

We both hop together into the party heading straight for the promised chicken and we are not disappointed.

We walk to the lawn with huge plates in our hands and get seated comfortably to watch the show. We spotted Liam and his dad talking to all the important people. They were boring to look at so we shifted our gaze to all the 16-and-above girls 'with boobs', who were here as 'luna probable', dressed beautifully. I looked down at myself and sighed "I wish I was 16"

"Why? so you could be mated to Liam?" Evan snickered

"haha very funny" I glared at him " I just want to look beautiful in a dress" I said truthfully

Evan smiled "Don't worry you are going to be so much more beautiful than them"

"Really?"

"Yes, only if you stop stuffing your mouth left right and center" he said stuffing his mouth some more "And if you stop hanging around me like we are bros"

"uh huh" I shook my head "not happening"

"you know the other day at breakfast I asked Liam what kind of a mate he wants and he said, I quote 'someone elegant, graceful and kind, someone who will serve our pack along with me', I asked if he meant a doctor and he said he would definitely like it if she wanted to be one" Evan turned to me "I was suddenly reminded of you"

"ME?" I widened my already wide eyes at him

"Yes" his face serious "The polar opposite of you" and winked

Ouch!

I glared at him "yeah right, we will see what Mr. Uptight ends up with, elegant my foot"

Speaking of which, did he find his mate yet? I peeked a glance at Liam standing among his friends with a perfect poker face. I don't think he found her, or did he? With Liam, you can't tell. He'll look the same everytime I go over to the Alphas to play with Evan. He's always there, sitting at a distance with a book shoved under his nose. I sometimes wonder if an inanimate object has ever been someone's mate. If that was possible, Liam would have been mated to a book.

I didn't realize I was staring at him until his head snapped to me. I quickly pretended to look at my brother who stood next to him. I stayed that way until I felt him look away. 

"Goddess!" I sighed audibly with my hand on my heart "That was scary"

"What?" Evan looked up from his food.

"Do you think future Alphas can read minds?" I asked.

Evan rolled his eyes "We can all use the mind link Eva"

"No" I shook my head "Not that. Like I was cursing your brother in my head and he looked at me the exact same moment. Do you think he will punish me for this once he becomes Alpha?"

Evan snorted "I don't know why you are always so afraid of him. He never did anything to you"

"I have never seen him smile. He's scary" i justified my fear.

"He does smile" Evan countered "Not that often but that's how he is. You never saw him smile?"

I shook my head.

"Maybe he doesn't like you" He mused "Maybe it's because you are ugly"

"Do you think he will pick at me when he becomes the Alpha?"

"Nah! Liam has a big heart" he replied "He doesn't treat anyone bad no matter how ugly they are"

"I swear I'll kill you someday"

The party came to an end around midnight with a gloomy looking Liam climbing up the pack house. 

Oh dear! Did something imperfect happen to the perfect life of Mr. Perfect?

"Guess he didn't find her" Evan said thoughtfully

"Yep" I purred "the chicken was heaven though"

"Hell yeah!"

*****

Thank you @Fading_Destiny for making this awesome trailer <3