Chapter Eleven: A Meeting

I stood in the nursery for long moments after getting dressed for my morning class. I missed my babies more than I could put in words. I had an earlier class to compensate for a day our teacher had had to cancel and I'd woken up extra early, which gave me time to sit in the nursery and let my heartache through. With a sigh, I went to our bedroom to kiss Jasper before I headed out, knowing it was time for me to go. I'd let him sleep in since things were still semi-hectic. We didn't get much time to actually be together anymore. Usually one of us was already gone in the morning or coming in late. I'd been busy questioning Angela, which got me nowhere. Angela wouldn't budge. I found out that my alpha orders wouldn't even work.

She resisted them until she was sweating, sometimes holding her breath until she passed out. Whoever she was working for, they conditioned her and made her completely loyal to them. It was almost as though she were brainwashed into knowing how to do nothing but resist telling us the truth. Everyday I got more exasperated with her.

Getting through class and preparing for my meeting with whoever was trying to hire someone to kill Jasper and I was also another time consumer. I was actually happy that Jasper got me an assistant because I needed her. She kept track of where I needed to be, what I needed to do, and reminded me in enough time that I could do it if I forgot. My plane was set and I'd prepared a buffer to pick up and set up some old surveillance equipment at the cabin I'd rented for the meeting. My plane was leaving a few hours after my final class for the day.

As I drove to school, I did a mental checklist to make sure I wasn't forgetting anything, while watching out for anyone that might be following me. Luckily, there was no signs of anyone or thing trailing me. Oliver agreed to drive me halfway to the airport, using a long route, then a car was prepared to take me to the private runway where my plane would be waiting. After not touching my accounts in a while, the money in them had grown pretty large and that made it easy to get all my accommodations.

After my classes ended for the day, I rushed home to fit in some alone time with Jasper before I had to finish packing and leave.

"Hey, babe." Jasper grinned when I walked into his office. "I'm so glad you're here." He said as I approached his desk and flopped down into a chair. "I just received the confirmation from the palace for our visit."

"Great. Is it just us going?"

"Officially, yes. Unofficially, once we're sure nobody is watching here and if we thing we need them, some of our warriors and Cory and Harper will be coming down with your brothers. We're leaving their second-in-commands in charge down here and having every person staying moved to our territory."

"Great. So.., are you done here for the day?" I asked.

"Uh, I think I can take a few hours off. What's up?" He leaned back in his chair.

"Well," I started walking slowly around his desk. "I was just thinking. I have to leave in a few hours for my meeting. We haven't really got a chance to spend much time together this week..., I was thinking maybe we could do something together." I sat on his lap and reclined back against his arm which was resting on the armrest.

"That sounds like an amazing idea." He answered, wrapping his arms around me. "What would you like to do, my love?

"I was thinking, it's been a while since we did a movie date. We could pick a movie, grab some snacks, and cuddle up in our bed until I have to pack."

"I'd love that. I've missed a good movie with you."

"Yeah?" I grinned.

"Yeah." He smiled against my lips before taking them in a tender kiss.