The Secret

Fan Cover by @x_Ishita_x

Continuing in Ashton's point of view. Thanks to all who are supporting me!!

Ashton's pov:

Yesterday, I explained to my parents that the whole lunch ordeal pretty much wasn't my fault, I was just there at the wrong time.

They both believed me and guess who didn't get grounded!

I mean, my dad was at first uncertain, but my mom trusted me.

I've always been closer to my mom anyways.

I mean, me and my dad, aren't really that close.

But my mom just understands me, it's easier to talk to her than my dad.

Unless she is angry..

You don't walk away..

You run away.

To be honest, I of course pulled some lies to my dad before, but I could never lie to my mom.

It's just, growing up, my dad had always been at work, and when he came home, he would eat and go straight to bed.

My mom was a stay at home mom, me being the only child, I spent hours a day just with her.

I barely talked to my dad as a child, and that is something he can't take back.

Even at family events, he was so caught up with his family that sometimes I would think he would forget about his own son.

Plus, my mom said she was actually sort of a rebel when she was growing up.

I know, I did not believe it at first, at all, but she told me all these stories of her growing up and always driving my two uncles, who are older than her, crazy!!

She said her, and Amanda, the woman next door, met in middle school. They were best friends, she said it was the perfect friendship.

Amanda always kept her in place, while my mom got her to let lose a little and have fun.

Right now, I once again arrived at school with the boys and their wasn't much happening today.

The football players were out of the way for the first part of the day, but I just had this bad feeling about today.

Not to mention they are totally pissed at us because one of their team members got suspended for three days, making him miss the game on Friday.

They were going to lose anyway so I don't know what the big deal is.

As we are entering one of our last classes of the day, I am at the back of my group talking to Jake when...

"Watch it!" Zander says out of nowhere. I look over to see him glaring at Jason.

Before I could even do anything, students in all hallway start forming a circle in the middle of the hallway to see what's going to happen next.

"Look here you motherfucker." Jason says pushing Zander into the locker.

Oh hell no.