25 - Heartbeats

✧Previously on Chapter Twenty Four✧

The loud sound a beating heart was ringing in between Harry's ears, causing a dull throbbing to ache deep inside his head. Every drop of sweat running down Harry's face followed a trail until it reached the end of his chin and fell to the ground. Harry was breathing loudly - so loudly that it was almost drowning out the sound of his rapid heart beating in his chest. There was just so much going on inside of Harry's mind and body, that he couldn't find anything to focus on. His eyes kept darting around the room anxiously - his fingers were digging imprints into the meat of his thighs - his body was shaking in nerves - and Harry was like ninety percent sure there were other people in the room, but he couldn't see or think straight to process anything other than his own nervousness.

"L-Louis," Harry managed to call out, swallowing down the built up of tears in his throat.

He just needed his alpha. Despite all the chaos that was surrounding him, he needed the safety of his alpha wrapping his warm words and soft arms around his body. Harry needed that anchor right now.

Louis stopped his pacing and immediately turned to Harry at the sound of his voice. The boy had been asleep for the past couple of hours, and in the meantime, Louis was doing whatever he could to figure out what was happening to Harry. Louis knew that there was an issue with Harry's first transitioning, but what he didn't know was why this was suddenly taking a toll on Harry's body. Harry's body was slowly getting worse as the days went on, and Louis was really starting to believe that Harry was truly resisting the wolf side. Because when Louis actually got a good look on Harry, he realized how much paler and skinnier he was. Harry lost nearly all the fat in his cheeks and was left with the sharp structure of his cheekbones. Even his arms and legs looked so frail, and Louis knew that was partly due to the fact that Harry never ate and constantly threw up.

"I'm coming, love. I'm right here."

Louis rushed up to the couch Harry was now sitting up in and quickly took the spot next to the boy. He wrapped his arms around Harry's slim waist and pulled him completely flushed against his body. It seemed like that was the sort of comfort and relief Harry was needing because the second Harry's nose was buried deep into Louis' neck, all the muscles in his body went pliant. He fell so easily in Louis' hold, curling his fingers into the material of Louis' shirt and just smelling - just scenting his alpha. Using Louis' safety and body as a way for Harry to finally calm down and relax.

"Please, don't leave me," Harry begged desperately.

Louis nodded his head immediately in response to Harry's plea and tightened his arms around the boy. He could feel Harry already shifting anxiously around in his hold, and soon Harry's leg was hiking around Louis' hip so he could move over into his lap. Louis smiled when Harry's arms and legs wrapped completely around him, like he needed every part of his body to remain in contact with Louis. Louis held on tighter and buried his nose on top of Harry's curls, closing his eyes and just breathing Harry in.

"I won't leave you, baby."

Harry eased at the confirmation of Louis' words and snuggled impossibly deeper into his body. It was like the weight of Louis' hold on Harry suddenly caused a wave of tiredness to wash over the boy because even though he had just woken from a nap, Harry felt his eyes starting to slowly close for another nap. It had been a few days since the mishap with Harry's transition, and whenever the boy wasn't clinging on to Louis for comfort, he was sleeping. Everyone else was still trying to figure out why Harry's body was resisting the wolf transformation. It was something that had never been seen in the werewolf world. It's been known that once a wolf reaches their wolf maturation age of sixteen, they go through a full year of full moon transformations until their body outgrows it. Of course, since Harry was a human, things were different, but he was a new werewolf, which meant he needed to turn into his wolf side to complete the final part of his transition.