116 - White

"Prince Jian_"

Before the Crown Princess could speak, a loud scream inside the room was heard. Once again, Wu Jian pushed his way back inside when he heard Jumao's voice angrily ordering someone to take the useless maids out.

"Prince Jian!"

When Wu Jian entered the room, he saw several maids passed out on the floor. Several midwifes were backed up against the wall, fear written all over their faces. His eyes went to the frail figure in the middle of the bloody bed. Only Jumao was beside Ruyi with a small buddle wrapped in gold silk that was smeared in blood. There was only silence.

"Get out. One dares to utter a word, all will die"

Wu Jian voice was calm and steady. All the women left in horror while dragging the unconscious maids away with them.

"Ming" Wu Jian eyes never left Ruyi as he ordered coldly. "Stand guard"

The doors were shut tight with only Wu Jian and Jumao inside the room with Ruyi.

"Ruyi"

His voice shook as he called for her. His hands trembled when he touched her.

"Ruyi"

Cold.

"Your highness..." Jumao's voice quivered with sadness. "The little prince..."

Wu Jian eyes lifted to see the small white face as lovely as his mother. But there was only stillness. No cries. No sound. No movement. Jumao saw the emptiness in Prince Wu Jian eyes and held the cold bundle closer to her heart.

Tears - all she could do was mourn for her young master's loss. Not wanting to see the empty expression on Prince Wu Jian's face, Jumao quietly stepped away with the lifeless bundle carefully within her embrace.

"No..."

Jumao's heart nearly jumped out of her chest when she heard the soft voice.

"Ruyi!" Wu Jian took hold of the out reaching white hand.

Turning, Jumao saw light amber eyes looking at her.

"My baby..."

Jumao held the bundle closer to her heart. She was afraid to let the young mother know her child is gone.

"Jumao..." Ruyi voice was soft but clear. "Please give me my baby..."

Wu Jian held onto her hand tight - unable to say a word. Jumao swallowed her tears and slowly went to Ruyi's side.

"How beautiful..." Ruyi smiled softly as she held the bundle close to her. "Jian... isn't he beautiful?"

"As beautiful as his mother..." Wu Jian touched Ruyi's cheek.

Ruyi eyes went to Wu Jian and smile more as she held her baby. When her eyes closed, Wu Jian's world completely stopped.