Chapter 37

Cecelia Degrate pov:
" we got the deal baby! And the man found us an apartment." De told me proudly.

I was in my dorm room signing release forms because I was leaving school soon. Things were happening so fast in my life. " that's great news babe! I knew you guys were gonna make it most importantly I knew you would!" I said boastfully about my man. " I been telling everyone one y'all getting record deals even my grandma." I admitted truthfully. " oh you ain't have to do all that." He sounded like he was blushing while laughing. " well I gotta turn in my release forms I'll see you later."

" okay." He said while hanging up the phone. When I went to student services a very beautiful black woman was standing having a conversation with ms. Lettie. Her name was misses huxtable she visited Hillman a lot it was her alma mater. Me and her had become acquainted recently. " your not leaving the school are you ?" She asked me looking disappointed. " I'm afraid I am mrs. Huxtable." I felt bad that I was leaving now. " your not in trouble are you?" She asked moving her hands in a circular motion around her belly.

" oh no ma'am." I laughed. Why do people keep asking if I'm pregnant?
" you see my husband is an artist and he just moved to-"
" your married? Oh you and my daughter are alike she came back home married and we never knew." She said laughing. " now where did your husband move to?" She finally asked.

" he moved to Brooklyn New York." Her face formed into a happy smirk.
" you know that's where I live you can stop by my office when you have the chance." She suggested. " will do Mrs huxtable." I answered hurriedly grabbing my bags to find Ron Johnson picking one up. " I heard your leaving." He uttered. " you heard right." I replied. " well I am gonna miss seeing you in class Cecelia." He confessed giving me a side hug. " aww I will too."! I lied. Whitley came to the rescue chipping his fingers off my side.

" oh Kimmy why must you leave? " Whitley heaved dramatically. " I know I know. I'll miss you too." I replied sniffling in between tears. " if you need anything I'm one phone call away." She stammered pulling me into a hug.

" same for you." I truthfully said. " but it looks like you want do much calling you've got Dwayne. " I said my eyebrows becoming pointy. " oh Dwayne is- sweet." She said kind of dismissing him. " I hate that in a guy." I said sarcastically.  It was now time for me to go so I couldn't linger any longer.
" bye you all." I yelled to the Hillman students on campus.

Later
After really long trip I knocked on the room door apartment 533 that Devante said they stayed at. I was skeptical about living with him and the other boys but this what we got to do.  I heard the locks being fiddled with then the door opened up. " hey sis." Dalvin greeted now pulling me in a hug. Then Devante came out grabbing my bags. He kissed me on the cheek. " welcome home girl. " he said looking me up and down. " what?" I asked nervously. " I can't look at my wife? Come on spin around for me." He said rotating my hands around and around while I laughed. " good God almighty !" He dramatized sounding like his old country church boy self. " so where do I sleep?" I asked him curious.
" with me."
" de I know that I mean where."  " oh in that room right there. Y'all okay with that?" Devante asked the boys " yeah De I'll sleep on the couch and K and JoJo can share the other room.

" Dal said speaking up " yeah man." K and JoJo agreed. I strolled to the room that de point to. It had a queen sized bed with a drawer beside it. There was one bathroom in the apartment holding a bathtub and small shower in it. I walked out the bathroom finishing examining the apartment it wasn't all that but it would have to do for now. "Baby what you think?" He asked me out loud in the other room.  " well it's an apartment." I answered not trying to  hurt his feelings or come off as ungrateful. " you don't have to lie for me I know it's crappy." He said now looking at me. " but guess what it's just temporary." He said softly holding me towards him. " I know that I'm not complaining."

" well in that case, do your wifely duties." He uttered bending his fingers for me to come towards him. " de I just got here." I scoffed. " what's for dinner?" He asked. I scoffed again throwing a pillow at his head. " so that means you not cooking ?" He asked from a far off I flipped my middle finger at him. " we can do that later." He yelled lastly and I blushed.

Later
Everyone went to bed after I finished cooking a simple meal hamburger and noodles. De was snoring loudly while my head was laying on his chest and his arms were wrapped against my waist. I felt what I thought was De legs rubbing against my feet. He sure has hair legs. I thought. I pushed those thoughts aside and tried to go back to sleep.

Then the same thing started coming up my leg "de stop putting your legs on me." I whined hitting him on his chest waking him up. " that's not me." His voice answered nasally. " then what is it? " I asked. It was silent he didn't answer me. I pulled the covers off me seeing a rodent crawling around the bed. Suddenly my heart started pounding and I opened my mouth to scream. " ahhhhhh." I was pretty loud now jumping on the bed the rat began to run around me cutting corners. De woke up looking confused rubbing crust out his eyes becoming alert at my screaming. " what's the matter."

My chest was heaving up and down all I could do was point at it. " oh shoot." He jumped pulling the covers off him. Dal and Kci came in the room turning the lights on. Dal had a bat in his hand. " what's going on?" " it's a- it's a- rat" I said timidly.

De got off the bed taking the timbalands and they all started running after it trying to smash it as I sat in the room scared for my life.  " ahhh." Dal ran in the room screaming like a woman with a high pitched voice. That rat had crawled on his back. Kci was now running behind him with the bat. This was too much already but I would not trade this experience for anything else.