Fifty-Four

Songs:
Happily - One Direction
I Will Wait - Mumford and Sons
Sing - Ed Sheeran
A/N: HAPPY EASTERS! 

| Fifty-Four |

Ava’s fingers were grasping tightly onto his waist. Her hair was sprawled across the pillow. A few of her loose strands hairs tickled Harry’s cheeks. He chuckled lightly at the frown that was painted across her doll-like features. 

Even in her sleep she didn’t want to let him go. 

Harry’s fingers danced lightly across the exposed skin of her upper thigh. Her right leg had somehow managed to latch itself to his hip causing his t-shirt to ride up. Not that he was complaining. He quite enjoyed this sight of her. 

She looked vulnerable and at peace, yet still oozed sex appeal. 

Even with her frizzy hair and dried up drool, she was still beautiful. She was perfect to him. Nothing could change that for him. 

A few minutes had passed. The clock was slowly ticking away. With each minute that went by, Harry was closer to his departure. It was only five in the morning. It was a Monday and he knew that Ava had to be up soon for work. But he couldn’t find it in himself to wake her from her comfortable slumber. As if on cue, however, a loud beeping flooded the apartment causing Ava to jerk awake. 

“What the hell!” She screamed. Her hair was covering her face making her resemble a more girly Cousin It. Yet even in her frazzled state, she still managed to look good. 

“Good morning sunshine.” He couldn’t bite back low chuckle that managed to escape his lips. 

“What was that?” Ava’s voice was still groggy with sleep. She managed to move her hair out of her face. She looked at Harry, her eyes half open, and gave him a puzzled look. 

“That, my love, would be your alarm clock.” 

“Ugh!” Ava flopped back down and onto the bed. She curled her body back up and into his side, causing Harry to fall into a fit of uncontrollable laughter. 

“Baby, you need to get up.” He cooed into her ear. 

“No.” She stubbornly disagreed and buried herself even deeper into his side. 

“You have to, love.”

“I don’t want to.” She cried out softly. “Because when I get up that means you have to leave. I’m not ready to say goodbye just yet.” Harry could feel his chest tighten. He knew that he had to put up a brave face. For her (and for himself). It’s only a few weeks, his subconscious reminds him. You can Skype and text whenever you want. It’s going to be fine. 

Harry shifted his body so that he was now fully on his side. Ava’s eyes were shut tightly. Pieces of her hair fell down causing a small curtain covering her face. He wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her into him. Ava lifted her legs so that they became intertwined with his. He left a few gentle kisses on top of her exposed shoulder. 

“What time are you leaving?” She kept her voice quiet. She couldn’t trust it to not crack. 

“Ten. I have to be at the office by nine and then we leave from there.” 

“I could probably take my lunch break early and go with you. To the airport.” 

“Baby, it’s fine. I don’t want it to be harder to say goodbye.” His lips touched her forehead gently and left a chaste kiss.

“I um, I think I can go in at nine-thirty and not nine. I’ll drop you off so you don’t have to take a cab or leave your car there. If you want of course. I mean- I just thought I’d offer.”