#7 The missing patients

Shahid.

"You..you have to escape" she whispered before shuffling away from me.

My heartbeat accelerated and I waited as the footsteps were coming near.

"There he is!" I recognised vijay's voice. He is the one who deals with surya Narayan's dirty works.

He's one of the men who dragged jasmine out of my hands and threw her to the water.

He's the one who I really wants to kill with my own hands.

But now, I Am in a condition where I can't even move out of my bed with all the wires and tubes sticking on to me.

"Hello Shahid" he leaned to me "fancy seeing you here"

"I knew narayan's lapdogs will be coming, but I didn't know it will be this soon" I said as I tried to hold it in.

I know I am at disadvantage here.

"It's time for you to go, Shahid, your wife will be waiting at the other side, All alone"

His words pierced right through my heart.

Shahid..think of Izzy...don't forget, your daughter need you.

"I will make sure that you will regret this, I will destroy you and the Surya corporation too, I will bring down narayan and his sons" I said venomously.

He laughed.

"You are quite brave, shahid, but sorry to burst your bubble, this is your last day" he smiled,taking out a syringe.

"Don't worry, you won't feel the pain..you will feel sleepy and your heart will slowly stop" he injected the liquid inside the saline drip.

I started to detach the tube from my hand with my injured right hand that was still bandaged and he stopped me.

"You still want to live?" he whispered "You already got some days extra, It's time for you to sleep peacefully" he was so close to me that his breath was fanning across me.

"Let go" I said as I tried to sit up, but he pressed the bandage, exactly where I was shot and pain blinded me.

"LET GO" I shouted as I moved my head to his face with all my might.

It hurt like hell but it caused him to lose his balance and fall down.

I detached the saline tube with a pull and sat up.

"You rascal!" he took the knife and got up from the floor. "I wanted to finish this nice and quick, but you made me do this!"

He slashed it across me and I ducked, missing it by inches.

My stitches stretched and I moved back to the corner of the room.

"Stay away" I whispered as he took steps towards me.

"You are still ordering me around?" he laughed "you really are something, shahid"

"I don't want to kill you" I said again and I gripped the fork in my hand.

I had hidden it under the pillow while they brought me food, because I knew they were going to come after me.

I was just planning for a surprise attack if I had to, but it seems like only one of us is going out of here alive.

I really don't want to kill him...not yet, It will make things difficult for me to look for my daughter.

"No one's going to help you, shahid, Give up" Vijay was still inching closer "the guards have changed, the new ones are going to be late, they are caught up with something serious, The CCTV and alarms are not working, It's just you and me here" he stopped in front of me and raised the knife again.