Chapter 6: Halloween Feast

I do not own the underlined passages, it's from Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. That being said, I do not own Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone.

Underlined - Quotes from the book

Harry was enjoying the Charms class with the Ravenclaws. The feather was floating softly above him. Sometimes he made it do a trick with just a simple thought and after a few seconds of that, turned to Neville to help him.

After getting his own wand, Neville's ability with magic soared along with his self-esteem. He was still shy but had a confidence about him regarding his magical ability.

Harry felt proud that his friend has gained confidence in two months.

As Harry left the class to go to Potions with the Slytherin, Harry was talking about some chapters from their History books with Neville.

Not knowing that the class going into Charms was going to make Hermione miserable and not attend the feast.

After making another perfect potion with Neville who was slowly starting to understand that Potions and Herbology had similar characteristics, both boys started to head toward their dorms to speak with Madam Pomona one more time before they went to the Astronomy Towers.

As the passes by a few whispering first year Gryffindors, they heard them whispering that Hermione had run toward the girls bathroom near tears after Ron Weasley mentioned rude stuff about her.

Harry felt annoyed and gave a look to Neville that they will stop by the bathrooms and try to get Hermione out of them before they went to look at the stars.

Saying hello to Helga, both boys entered the surprisingly silent common room. "I wouldn't have thought everyone had left for the feast by now?" Harry told the other boy with a frown.

"I wouldn't have either," Neville told the other boy back as they started to walk toward the room next to all the year-dorms.

"Surprise!" A shout from various voices said around the room as a disillusionment spell was muttered under all the breaths.

Harry blinked in surprise wondering how he didn't feel anyone in their hiding place or their illusion spell that covered them, at least until he felt Hogwarts smugness radiating off of her.

Choosing to ignore her for now, Harry gave a soft smile to the room. Both loving and disliking the surprise. Part of him remembers the soft surprises his dad did for him to help with the surprises that the Dursley's did for him.

Though their surprises were much more unpleasant, Harry had learned to read faces and body motions before he was five because of his Uncle who had a wild temper.

Shaking the thoughts out of his head, Harry and Neville spent a few minutes at the party their Hufflepuff friends made for the two before allowing the two the quiet time they wished for.

So waving goodbye at his friends (and informing Madam Sprout they were going to see Hermione before they went to the towers), Harry and Neville took off toward the second story girls bathroom to see about coaxing Hermione out of the bathroom.

They heard the soft crying before they really approached the door. Harry had to take a second to control the anger that pulsed through him before knocking on the door softly but enough that Hermione could hear it.

"Hermione? It's Harry and Neville, we heard what happened in charms. Can we come in?" Harry asked softly.

There was sniffles like Hermione was trying to pretend she wasn't just crying before a voice croaked out, "No, this is the girls bathroom. You're not allowed in here."