FORTY-THREE

RECAP

"Isn't that Lauryn?" China asked.

"Lauryn?" I repeated peeking over the car trunk.

"Aw shit," Michael mumbled scratching the back of his neck.

"I hope she's not here to see Chris," Kae added as we all stared in her direction.

She wore a baby pink Juicy Couture sweatsuit paired with a white dad cap and white Nike Prestos. She parked a row and a few cars over and drove a black BMW, with a Barbie sticker on the bumper.

"The BMW that was parked out front two hours before has sticker decals in the back of the car. The BMW that fired the shots doesn't."

I threw the care package back into the trunk and charged over to her.

"Trinity! What are you doing?!"

Omniscient

"Trinity, let go of her hair! We're in the middle of the parking lot of a hospital."

"That's fine, so once I kill her ass they could try to bring her back to life!" Trinity growled wrapping Lauryn's long bundles tighter around her hand.

Michael busted out laughing while trying to record the fight, "Spank that bitch Trinity!"

"I know you had something to do with Chris getting shot, bitch," Trinity said with gritted teeth.

"Let go of my hair!" Lauryn cried out scratching at Trinity's hands with her long, coffin-shaped acrylic nails.

"Shut up!" Trinity growled punching her in the head.

"Aight Trinity, sis, listen to me. I see white people looking over here and you know what that means. The police gonna be here in two minutes and I'm on my second strike already." Kae said resting her hands on top of Trinity's.

"Kae's right Trin, we can get her another time, or just leave her for the cops."

"Chris could've been killed! I'm not letting this bitch go." Trinity cried out feeling conflicted.

"Michael." China snapped her fingers pointing at Trinity.

"On it." He responded lifting Trinity up and throwing her over his shoulder.

"Michael put me down!" Trinity yelled trying not to lose grip of Lauryn's hair.

"Trinity let go of the bitch hair!" Kae yelled slapping Trinity's hand so she can let go.

"I'm not letting her go!"

"Trinity, I want to kill this bitch myself! We have to leave and visit Chris another time, people are starting to watch." China pleaded helping Kae loosen Trinity's grip.

Trinity was torn. She couldn't think straight, and her brain was scattered. With her free hand, she wiped a tear that was beginning to fall. She gave up and let go of Lauryn's hair.

"You're so lucky bitch, I'd put your dumb ass in a fucking body bag," Kae said looking down at Lauryn who was curled up on the floor. She kneeled down forcing Lauryn to look at her, "You better hope you're innocent and not apart of the shooting or that's gonna be my third strike."

"Kae, let's go!" Michael yelled as him and China started walking away from the scene with Trinity still on his shoulder who's hysterical.

"Trinity, where are your keys?" Michael asked as they approached her car.