Chapter 24. 'I do' s and special guests

Harry POV

"Neville, calm down." I tried to calm my friend. 

We were at his birth house, the Longbottom mansion. His grandmother was with us, straightening Neville's clothes.
We heard a noise from downstairs, and Augusta looked up. "That must be the members of the council. I will accompany them to their places. And Neville, love. Calm down. Your man hasn't waited 10 years just to run away." Then she was out the door. 

"Harry, how do I look?" Neville asked me for the tenth time.
"You look splendid. Charlie will want to devour you the second he sees you!" He was wearing a black tuxedo with a white shirt and a dark red tie. 

Charlie and him had decided to wear the same tuxedo and to keep the wedding itself small

Now that the war was getting more intense, it wouldn't have been the best idea to invite too many people, only the necessary. 

And they wanted it traditional. So, the wedding would be held in the backyard of the Longbottom mansion, the after-party on the families ground, and the honeymoon would be spend at their new family home in Romania.
That would leave me without an enforcer for two weeks, but mother had taken an oath to make him my substitute enforcer for that time. 

A traditional wedding involved also special people. All members of the Veela council were invited, and their submissive children between 15 and 16 would be bridesmaids (for the sake of introducing them to potential suitors; one hand washes the other).
Apropos, they had arrived, already dressed up. They must have come with their parents. Most of them greeted us happily, but you will always have the same stuck up bitches.
All of them were wearing the same violet dress that went to their knees and the top and sleeves had delicate embroidery in them. 

They were fuzzing about how good Neville looked and what of a lucky man Charlie was

They were fuzzing about how good Neville looked and what of a lucky man Charlie was. I myself was waiting for a very important person that had promised to come.
She was part of the traditional deal, but she would have to travel undercover because of who she was. 

"Hey you there! Why did you get that dress and we got this cheap shit?" One of the bitches asked.
Your dress is worth more than three brooms of the newest Nimbus collection, and one of them costs 60 Galleons (around 327 Euro/441 US-Dollar)!