Chapter 79

Sam galloped through the woods. The wind was gracefully gliding through his beautiful silky black fur. His tongue hung out of his open mouth, enjoying the air and panting from his strenuous exercise. He was almost home and the excitement of telling his parents that he's gay was also panicking his heart.

However, he didn't care what they think. They have never really meshed well as a family. He never felt like he was good enough and constantly had to fight to prove himself. When he joined Hunter's pack, that was the only time they told him they were proud.

He has not heard it again and he doesn't remember the last time they said that they loved him. He knows they do, it's just not as much as what he would like.

When he reached his house, he rubbed his paws on the doormat before changing and walking in. He was out of breath and craving water.

"Hey, is anyone home?" He yelled and walked over to the fridge. Flashes of Jacob hitting it when he teleported here made him chuckle.

Sudden footsteps approached the room and he spun on his heels.

"Son, what the hell is wrong with you?" His dad sighed. "We have heard all sorts about Hunter's pack. And yesterday at the city meeting, that God had some nerve showing up after what he did."

"Wait, what?" Sam frowned, subconsciously resting his glass on the counter. "What do you mean? Jacob was only defending Hunter, who they were trying to kill."

"He killed over twenty wolves. He's careless and-"

"Stop right there," Sam sighed. "I was at the house when it happened. If he didn't stop them, they would have hurt me, Jacob's family and Hunter's family. I thought you believed in the God's."

"I do believe in the God's but it shouldn't be up to that kid. He clearly doesn't know what he's doing."

"If he wasn't right for the role, then he wouldn't have it." Sam turned and made himself busy. He was starting to get really nervous about telling them.

"Sam?" His mother's voice echoed into the room before she made an appearance. "Right, this is it! I know being in Hunter's pack is an amazing opportunity for our family, but I want you to leave. It's too problematic, you're constantly in danger and that God is clearly not good for us."

Sam watched his parents as they watched him. He could now see the difference between himself and them. When he was a kid, he spent every day with Hunter and his family. It has only just emerged in his thoughts that he was practically raised by Anthony and Margo, not them. That is why he is so civilised, free-spirited, and open minded.

"I agree with your mother, you need to be rogue for a while, then you'll see just how bad hunter and his mate is."

"I don't know how his parents have coped with it all. I mean, having a son who's you know... that kind of person. Then having his-"

"You mean gay?" Sam said, his usual happy tone was nowhere to be seen.

"Yes. As a parent, I can't imagine-"

Sam interrupted her again by laughing.

"Yeah um... I'm gonna go pack my room up." Walking through the kitchen, it was starting to feel easier to just gather his things and go.

"What, Why?" His dad frowned.

"Because I'm moving in with Hunter, his family and Jacobs family." He strolled through the living room and stopped outside his bedroom door. his parents looked horrified. Yet, he didn't care. "Yes, I did just listen to what you said and I don't agree with any of it. Jacota is a great person, friend and God. He is perfect for Hunter and he is the best and only Alpha I'll ever have because I'm not leaving the pack, I'd rather leave this family."