Chapter 39: Safely back home

This chapter is dedicated to @Zahnvi for her funny plus useful comment. Thank you.

Sarah's POV

The holiday was over. It was a week since all the pool action. Me and Keith had a thick wall of tension since that day. If we even met each others eyes we would look away soon after. A blush would creep on my face. We had landed and me and Keith were on our way home. Wait? Home?

Can I go there? I told him that I would never even be around him after this vacation was over. I kept looking out of the window not wanting to face him. I don't know how to feel... I will miss him but is it right to miss him? After all that happened? The scars on his body flashed in my mind. He did that to relieve himself from guilt but he still feels guilty because if he didn't he wouldn't have told me to tell his parents about what he did to me as we got married. I can't just go live with him all of a sudden. After I told him all that. I have dignity too.

The car swiveled left and halted after a while. I looked out to see it parked in front of Lily's place. I looked sideways at Keith. He kept his head down. I sighed and I opened the door. I felt his hand hold onto my left hand.
I looked at him. His grip tightened and he didn't plan on letting go. His eyes were pleading for me to stay.

I simply shook my head. It was too soon. I couldn't trust him to not break my heart. In any relationship you need trust. I could feel my eyes water and before he could see it, I wanted to run inside. I stepped out of the car and dug in my handbag for the keys. The car hadn't pulled away. He was waiting until I got inside. I was touched. I slipped in and smiled at him, indicating I was safe. He smiled back, the window slid back up and his car pulled away. I closed the door and went upstairs and dumped my bag. I realised Lily had gone to work. I fell on my bed and drifted off to a deep slumber.

Keith's POV

I couldn't look at her eyes. She still didn't want to be with me. I know it wasn't fair to want a girl who I had tortured, to want to spend her life with me again, but I couldn't help it. The last few days of the vacation we avoided each other and that felt like hell. After that kiss. Oh dear god that kiss. I brushed my finger across my lower lip at the memory and smiled to myself. I'm only human. I could've liked another girl before but I can change my mind. My heart's desires have changed. I didn't know how I could get her to trust me again. I wanted to start new and fresh. I really didn't know how I could show her how I feel. There are no more internal conflicts in my mind. I close my eyes and I can see her clear blue eyes. He beautiful rosy cheeks when she blushes. Her wavy blonde hair and her body which had all the right curves in all the right places. Most importantly, what attracted me the most was how she never left, even if I gave her hell. She was there. It occurred to me only when I spoke to Jessica. Jessica had mentioned how she always had Alex but never noticed it. I realised that Sarah didn't leave me even though I physically hurt her. A lump formed in my throat as I remembered all what I did to hurt her. I swallowed it and looked up to make sure I didn't look weak. I don't cry much. In fact, I find it almost impossible to do. Stone hearted? Tell me about it. Sarah only left me because I emotionally hurt her. That was her limit. I couldn't turn back time like in Harry Potter but I sure as hell could give it all I have to win her heart again. I need her love. The kind of love that you give unconditionally. I didn't want to tale advantage of it. I wanted to experience it. I wanted to return it.

I wouldn't be in this situation if only my stupid arrogance hadn't stopped me from giving Sarah a chance without still clinging on to Jessica.
The car came to a halt and I got out. As I entered my house and directly went upstairs to the gym on the third floor of the house. I took off my shirt and put on my boxing gloves and started punching the bag. All the thoughts and pent up frustration with work had gone into punches. My phone started to ring from my suit pocket. I took off one glove to answer it. It was. Noel.
"Hey man! Wassup?" I asked him.
"You home?" He asked
"Yeah." I replied.
"Alright, I'm coming over then."
He hung up and I threw my phone onto the couch placed close by.
I continued to punch and after about 15 minutes or so I heard my doorbell ring. I took off the gloves and threw them over to the couch, grabbed my phone and rushed to open the door before that ass gives me a headache by ringing the doorbell over and over again. I swung open the door to see a smirking idiot before me.
I grinned back and left the door open for him to invite himself in. I went into the kitchen to grab two bottles of beer from the refrigerator. I handed his bottle over to him and he shut the door and sat on one of the counter stools. I sat next to him and took a swig of my beer.
"Jake will be here in a while." He informed me.

"So how are you?"  He asked me.
"I'm good man. How's your company holding up?" I asked him.
"All good." He replied. "How was the family vacation, bro?" He asked nudging my shoulder lightly.
"You wouldn't believe me if I told you." I replied thinking of the heated kiss between me and Sarah.
"Try me." He chuckled.
I told him everything that happened in Hawaii. His eyes grew wide open as I mentioned the Kiss.
"You did what?!" He shouted.
I thought it would surprise him.
"Keith, my man your head is being turned."
I smiled at him.
"What are you smiling about like as if it is a good thing?"
My eyebrows furrowed. What was it now?
He continued, "Just ditch her. Brenda, the daughter of the owner of Garcon enterprises asked about you. She is fucking hot and has all the money you could want." My fists balled up at his words. My head was finally clear with my feelings and this guy had come all the way to my house to jumble it up. The only reason I didn't punch him in his face was because he was my childhood friend.
"This Sarah bitch-" he tried to continue but I had grabbed him by his collar and thrown him to the floor. His bottle went flying and shattered as it met the floor.
He scrambled up to his feet quickly.
"What the hell, Keith?!" He exclaimed. What he called Sarah was still ringing in my ears. It was one thing when I called her a slur to hide my feelings after i kissed her the first time but I wouldn't let anyone else call her anything bad. She was too innocent for such names especially coming out of the mouths of pricks.
I landed a huge right hook to his jaw as my blood boiled in anger. I kept throwing punches to his abdomen he kept trying to bring me out of my anger by shouting my name and apologizing. It didn't work. He had brought his hand up to defend himself. He didn't try to punch me because he knew he would end up dead if he did. Anger covered my eyes as his voice kept ringing in my ears. I didn't even notice the front door flying open. Jake had come in and was trying to pull me off Noel. Noel used that to his advantage and punched me across my jaw. I threw punches at him and kicked him hard across his abdomen that he went backwards to the floor. Jake came and stood in between us. It wasn't going to stop me. I rushed to throttle Noel's neck but Jake held me back. I tried to break free but Jake had a strong grip on my waist and his body was obstructing mine from reaching Noel. Jake looked over his shoulder and shouted at Noel, "Leave, unless you want to die."
Noel scrambled up and ran out of the door. Jake didn't let go off me until he heard Noel's car pull out of the driveway. It was too late now. Glass from the beer bottle was all over the floor. I hadn't noticed that I was bleeding by accidentally stepping on some.
Jake slipped his arm to hold me up as I slightly dropped in height due to the pain in my feet from the glass.
"Come on man, let's get you to the hospital." Jake said.

A/n: hey guys!!!! One long chapter for you guys. Damn Noel is getting his ass kicked. Finally. What do you guys think???? ;)

Sarah and Keith finally realising how they feel....

Do you guys forgive Keith now at least????

Please comment what you think!!!!
FMHH reached #79 in Romance and I am so happy. Thank you all so much but this isn't enough.
Can I get more than 2K reads for this part?? That's a challenge ;)

Don't forget to vote, comment and recommend.
Love you all, Shahidha.