Chapter eight ~ the kiss

"Are you coming Jimin?!"

"Oh right. Goodbye Jean. Sleep well!" He shouted the last part while being dragged by Taehyung.

"He's a keeper this one! Don't throw him away like you do with the others!" Jimin heard Jean shout behind their back.

"I wasn't planning to!" Tae shouted back, slamming the door, not leaving any time or Jean to respond. He started dragging Jimin away.

"Hyung! Calm down!"

He stopped and turned to his friend.

"You know, I sometimes need a reminder why I don't like her! She embarrases me a lot! She doesn't care if she hurts people!"

"I don't know... I liked her."

"What? How? She said all those things..."

"Yeah, that's what moms do. They say all those things and make you feel embarrassed. Plus, her puns are really good."

"Really? You're the first person to like them. Also, she called you a bimbo ffs!"

"Can you really blame her though? You probably have a different girl/boyfriend every time you see her."

"Oh my god Jimin. You're just as bad as her!"

"Well okay then, if you don't want me I can leave..." he said jokingly.

"Nonononononono Jimin Jiminie please stay. I... I need you."

Jimin was taken aback by the sincerity of the last sentence. He looked into Tae's eyes for a moment before getting too shy and looking away. Taehyung's was too miserable that he felt bad about joking.

"I'm joking hyung! Mianhae. Of course I'm staying, I'm here don't worry." Tae's face lit up.

"C'mon let's go downstairs." Jimin started to go but he was held back by a hand on his wrist. He turned back.

"Thank you Jimin, really."

"Anytime, hyung."

They went to Namjoon's room in silence. Tae sat down on a chair in front of the door.

"I don't think I'm ready to go in there Jimin."

"It's okay hyung. He was badly hurt. You should go in when you have more energy and when you feel better. Let's get you to a bed. You need to rest right now."

Taehyung didn't protest this time. Even though he just woke up from a sleep that lasted five hours he had never felt this exhausted in his life. Also, he knew that Jimin was really tired too but he was too shy to say it himself.

The hospital was really big considering it was made for a small town in Busan. There were too many empty rooms in the middle of the night. They found one that seemed far away from everything and they sneaked in. There was one king-sized bed in the middle and a small table with a bedside lamp next to it. Once they entered, there was an awkward silence.

"C'mon Tae you take the bed, you need to rest more than I do."

"Don't be silly there's enough space for both of us!"

Jimin's face shot read. It was true that the bed was big enough, even three people could sleep there easily. And he had slept with another person before, many times. It was just that, Taehyung wasn't just another person. Jimin shivered.

"Oh is out famous badboy getting shy?"

Jimin's face was burning. He tried to lie to protect the remaining shards of his dignity but he failed miserably.