9|| Percy

Fred and George watched intently as Percy popped a smooth red gummy in his mouth. He chewed it warily twice before swallowing. Expecting something much more Bertie-Botts Every Flavored Bean taste, he was pleasantly surprised at the sweet strawberry taste on his tongue. Then suddenly, a feeling of immense pressure built up at his nose, and blood began to trickle down both nostrils and onto the enchanted rags Fred had shoved beneath him before they began to experiment.

George couldn't have looked more delighted. "Perfect!" He crowed, pushing a lime-colored gummy in Percy's hand, avoiding the blood. Percy swallowed the lime gummy and the nosebleed stopped.

Jason watched in disapproval. "You know the last time you had a nosebleed, you woke up Mother Earth," he said.

Percy wiped an excess drop away and picked up the blood-spotted rag. "I know," he said. "That's why I'm buying extra of the remedies they have. Just needed to make sure it worked first."

He fist-bumped the twins.

Hermione was scowling on the armchair next to Ron and Harry, but didn't do anything until the twins turned to the rest of the common room.

"Okay, if you're testing for number 223, please come up now!" George announced. Three or four first years stood up and made their way over to them. Hermione stood up as well, and marched over firmly. She stood silently behind the twins, her arms folded, a scowl on her face as she waited for them to turn around. If they knew she was behind them (which they most definitely did), they didn't do anything until the first-years began to drop one by one on the armchairs or the carpeted floor.

"Ah hem," Hermione cleared her throat in a very annoyed fashion. Fred turned around and feigned surprise.

"Oh, hullo Hermione, fancy seeing you here." He and George grinned at each other before continuing to put the reverse gummies in the first years mouths.

"Feeling alright?" George asked a first year kindly.

"I — I think so," she said shakily.

"Excellent," Fred said happily.

"It is NOT excellent!" Hermione exclaimed angrily, snatching the clipboard and bag of candies from their hands.

"'Course it is, they're alive, aren't they?" Fred asked angrily.

"You can't do this, what if you made one of them really ill?"

"We're not going to make them ill, we've already tested them on ourselves — this is just to see if everyone else reacts the same —"

"If you don't stop, I'm going to —"

"Put us in detention?" Fred laughed.

"Make us write lines?" George added, smirking.

No one could stifle their laughter much as they watched the trio. Hermione drew herself up to her full height, narrowed her eyes, and said in a deadly serious voice, "No, but I will write to your mother."

The Weasleys laughter stopped abruptly.

"You wouldn't," a very horrified George said, taking a step back.

"Oh yes I would," said Hermione.

Percy tentatively tapped Hermione on the shoulder. "Erm... don't you think that's a bit too harsh? It's just a few gummies, after all," he said.

Hermione gathered up the clipboard and bag and swept over to their group.

"Thanks for your help, Ron," she said acidly.

Ron shrugged, not making eye contact. "You were fine on your own," he mumbled.

Thalia rolled her eyes. "Remind me again how you're a Gryffindor Prefect?" she said.